Topic: Great 4 1/2 year check-up

Just wanted to share some good news.  My husband, Ron, just had his 4 1/2 year check up and his blood work and CT scan came back great.  His Oncologist said he should be pretty much "out of the woods".  He said if his cancer had not come back at this point, it probably would not -- music to our ears!!!  I have flashbacks of a very well renown hospital telling us to go home and get our things in order because his tumor was inoperable and he had approximately six months to live.   This is a true testament to the need to get second and third opinions.  Our third opinion was the charm and surgery was a success.  I do not post often buy I read the boards weekly and could not have made it through this journey without reading the wonderful wealth of information that this board provides -- THANKS!!

Hugs,
Nancy

Re: Great 4 1/2 year check-up

WONDERFUL NEWS!  I'm so happy for the both of you!  KEEP KICKIN' THAT cancer!

HUGS,
Margaret

Nancy, that is the best news ever! We have another Miracle! Such good news is so welcome around here. Thanks for the update.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Nancy,

I live for news like this, thank you so much for sharing.  Yay for 3rd opinions!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

WOW-What a testimonal to finding the right doctor!!
Prayers for MIRACLES for all our CC family-Cathy

Great news!  Thanks for the update.

Hugs to you, Nancy, for sharing this wonderful news with us.  Congratulations.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Nancy,

What great news!!  That's what we like to hear.  I hope you and Ron have a big celebration.  I live in Staunton, VA so I'm not too far from you.  My husband, John, has Stage IV ICC and is coming up on four years in July.  Sending tons of hugs your way,  PeggyP

FANTASTIC!!

Wishing all God's blessings!

Thanks for sharing such positive news.  Congrats!!!

Nancy & Ron

Nice one...............great news............Congrats

Gerry

Congratulations!

Music to my ears!  Thanks Nancy, for sharing the excellent news that brings hope...Congratulations to you and Ron!!!

God bless...

Patti

Hi Nancy,

This is such great news indeed, thanks so very much for sharing it and my congratulations to you and Ron!!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I so pray and hope that I'll be able to make a post like yours!! I'm 8 months in, scan next Friday after my 5 cycles of chemo finishes up today. Inspirational for sure! Congratulations!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (16) and Sydney (14)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Such wonderful news for you and your husband, Nancy!  Congratulations! Gives us all hope!!!!  My Mayo doctor said after 5 years he wouldn't even need to see me anymore (I'm 2 years and 3 months post resection) - now that would be grand!  Does Ron feel good....like before his cc journey began?
My very best wishes to you and Ron!

Nancy,

It is so heart-warming to hear your good news!!! 
Also to see that you are from Richmond. We used to live there and actually still have a house in Ginter Park.  The weather must be so nice right now. smile
Did your husband seek treatment at VCU? I haven't heard whether or not they were doing liver resections/transplants there for Cholangiocarcinoma.

Thank you!

Karen

Dianne.N wrote:

Such wonderful news for you and your husband, Nancy!  Congratulations! Gives us all hope!!!!  My Mayo doctor said after 5 years he wouldn't even need to see me anymore (I'm 2 years and 3 months post resection) - now that would be grand!  Does Ron feel good....like before his cc journey began?
My very best wishes to you and Ron!

Thanks for the sweet post.  Ron's doctor feels the same way about his 5 year check up.  He did say he may continue to see him once a year but only to do blood work -- no scans would be needed.  Ron feels and looks great.  He will be 65 in May so I tell him it is time to start slowing down but he does not listen.

KarenD wrote:

Nancy,

It is so heart-warming to hear your good news!!! 
Also to see that you are from Richmond. We used to live there and actually still have a house in Ginter Park.  The weather must be so nice right now. smile
Did your husband seek treatment at VCU? I haven't heard whether or not they were doing liver resections/transplants there for Cholangiocarcinoma.

Thank you!

Karen

Hello Karen,
What a small world.  We actually live in Midlothian just outside of Richmond.  Ron had his surgery at Sloan Kettering in New York.  The weather is absolutely beautiful here now.  Since you lived in Richmond, you probably remember Maymont Park.  We went there today to see all the beautiful flower gardens in bloom and walked around enjoying all the animals.

Take care...