Topic: Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct (IPNB): A biliary equi

Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct (IPNB): A biliary equivalent to IPMN of the pancreas?

"Given their significant risk of harboring invasive carcinoma, they should be treated with complete resection. (HEPATOLOGY 2012.)"

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … 6/abstract

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct (IPNB): A biliary equi

This is what I had.  I am 46 and 17 days post op Left lobe liver resection.  The pathology came back as intraductal papillary carcinoma in situ.  I think not much is known about this disease except that it is a variant of cholangiocarcinoma?  Or a precursor?   I was scared for a long time because the MRI pointed toward CCA. (it was found on an ultrasound for something else - I have no symptoms)  But my ex-boyfriend has PSC and is suffering with this cancer now.  So I am no stranger to this disease.  So how much is known about this?  Is there NO risk of recurrence after surgery?  What are the 10 year survival rates?/outcomes?

Any information is appreciated.