Topic: Topic about medical supplies

I have an idea for a new topic on the board.

I have many unused medical supplies that I had for Tom.  Since he has passed on - I do not want to throw out all the supplies.

How about a "Medical Supplies" area where people could post their unused medical supplies - either for free or to sell them - Since many insurance companies may not allow or limit the amount a person can get in a month...people may be willing to purchase them through a private party at little or no cost.

I have tons of gauze pads, tegaderm films, insulin pen needles, insulin syringes, gloves, etc that I could post on such a topic and there may be others that have such things that they either need or want.

Just a thought,
Margaret

Re: Topic about medical supplies

Great idea, I was thinking the same thing. My parents are unemployed and us siblings are helping with her insurance payment and medical supplies.

Hi,
Just make sure the items put on resale are not items prescribed by the doctors.
It may not be lawful in your State;please check with the proper agents or the companies that made them.
God Bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Googling "donate medical supplies" brings up a long list of non-profits and charities that seek medical supplies:

http://www.google.com/search?q=donate+medical+supplies

Try adding your city or state to the search keywords. Chances are you will be able to find a local organization that seeks donations.

PLC:  None would be 'medications' just wound supplies, such as gloves, gauze sponges, tegaderm film, needles for insulin pens, lancets, and that type of thing.  All Medications were disposed of.