Topic: A great day at day care. Just thought I'd share this here.

Hi All,

As the post header says, I just thopught I'd share this here. It brings back tons of memories for me with me and my Dad. Here is a video from last year that was on the local news. It involves the Macmillan Day Care centre and hospice that my dad was at. He absolutely loved going to the day care centre and he had many great days there. Such a great atmosphrere there was there each day, with many, many laughs and so much good happened there. I like this video as it shows to you all the centre that my dad went to and where I also spent much time with everyone there. These days I will never forget. Of course, I have the so sad memories that we would all have. But I also have the such good memories of taking my dad there each day knowing full well that he got so much out of going there and liked it greatly. Memories like that can never be replaced.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/254 … -patients/

As I said, I spent much time here and have so many memories from here so just thought i would share this with you all.

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: A great day at day care. Just thought I'd share this here.

Thank you for posting this, Gavin. These Day Care Centres are such an amazing blessing.  I'm so lucky we both have access to the Marie Curie Hospice in North London.

Jxx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Gavin,

The Day Care looked like such a wonderful place. I especially loved hearing everyone speak with their Scottish accents. Loved it!! Take care.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Gavin....thank you.  You have the most admirable way of bringing your world to us.  I can just imagine your Dad (and you) amongst the others on the Video and now understand why it had become one of his favorite places to be.   
This reminds me of a few previous postings.  Here is a bit of memory lane:
http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=2552   
http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=2158

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Glad that you all liked the video. So much good comes from these places and yes Julia, we are all so very fortunate indeed to have access to them. And I am sure that the humour and laughter happens in North London just as much as it did up here! I remember one morning taking my dad there. It was really cold so my dad was wrapped up well in his thick coat, hat, scarf and gloves. We walked in the front door and there was a woman in her 80's sat in a chair. Well she looked at my dad and said "Did you ski here today!!!" Just in the door and my dad hadn't even been able to say hi to anyone and already the jokes were flying! Needless to say I was howling with laughter along with everyone else!! And no, it wasn't snowing that day!!

Much fun indeed Pam and I'm glad that you liked the Scottish accents too!!! I always think that many people would have trouble understanding our accents some of the time but perhaps they don't as much as I think they might!

Thanks Marion! And thanks so much for the memory lane posts as well! I remember then from back then. And trust you to find postings about men in kilts!! Ha!!

Think I've posted these 4 pics here before, but I I'll post them again. This was a real happy day at day care with my dad, he's the one with the "hair" and I love these pics!

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … d4e387b548

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

6 (edited by Gavin Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:44:50)

And seeing as you brought back some old threads about Scotland Marion, I couldn't help myself and thought I'd do my bit for the tourist industry in Scotland! Great video in this link.....but I guess that I am biased here!!!

http://www.visitscotland.com/guide/insp … -scotland/

Visit Scotland, as the video says!! :-)

Gavin

Hi, Gavin,
Beautiful Scotland indeed.But not as personal as the ones you sent to me about your home town-Dundee.
May be we can start something like your video to let members to introduce  all the memebers' home town .(  their 10-20sec home town video clips), anyway, we are a global community ,Are we?
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy....I will bring up your suggestion at the board meeting, tonight. 
I hope that Rick loves us (much)

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Rick won't be able to provide us with a special category for adding videos.  So, we just continue on as is.  Gavin has been setting a great example for us.
Hugs
Marion

Thanks Percy and Marion, thats a great idea and I love learning about all the places where we all live and were born in. As you say Percy, we are a global community after all so I'm sure that there will be great diversity between all our home towns and cities!

Looking forward to watching the videos and learning more!!

Gavin

11 (edited by PCL1029 Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:39:30)

Hi,Gavin,
You are welcome,be sure to say hi to your mum for me. BTW,is the weather allows her to be  out in the garden and enjoy  the color of the flowers and the smell of the "green green grass of home"? Gavin, I am not  a fan of Tom Jones,but that little verse always stuck into my mind when I am homesick,or thinking about of the home sweet home we live in and grow up with.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Hi Percy,

Yes of course I will say hi to my mum from you when I see her next. As for our weather, hmmm...... it got really cold again these last 2 weeks and still is. And we are having our April showers, lots of shower to be precise! So no, mum has not been able to get out in the garden but they say that the rain is good for the garden, just not for sitting in it!

I knew that I shouldn't have taken her bench out of the she dwhen I did, too early and I guess I jinxed the weather for mum! Still, got some more bulbs planted and will be getting my carrot seeds and pots tomorrow so will get them planted this weekend. And if we get some more sun then I will get the tomatoes done, thats if we get the sun............ha!

Hope that all is well with you and that you are taking good care of yourself too.

Gavin