Topic: New direction for John and update on insurance meds
We saw the oncologist yesterday and they reversed their decision on chemoembolization.
John has a cluster of lymph nodes (3cm) full of cancer cells directly involved with the vein to his R kidney.
The embolization would have no effect on the nodes and they're afraid of mets to his lungs. We decided to restart chemo since it did keep the tumors from growing. We start next week.
Now about our insurance. I called them, the Dr. called them and found out we had to get a 24 hour prior authorization. They faxed him the paper and he immediatly faxed it back.
48 hours later still no ok. I got on the phone and went postal on them. I told them my husband is dying and in pain, we had done everything they wanted and that they weren't doing their job and that they better get it done NOW or I would be seeing a lawyer!
Amazing, within 1 hour we had the authorization!!!!
I feel like I have won a huge battle. Now I know what to do in the future if they drop the ball again. It is so empowering to be able to do at least this one thing when you have no power over the cancer.