Topic: Can we cure cholangiocarcinoma with neoadjuvant chemoradiation and liv

Can we cure cholangiocarcinoma with neoadjuvant chemoradiation and liver transplantation? Time for a multicenter trial.

Editorial Piece -

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … edMessage=

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Can we cure cholangiocarcinoma with neoadjuvant chemoradiation and liv

Liz, you work in a hospital if I remember correctly. Chances are your hospital has an institutional subscription to access the articles behind the paywall.

I also tried to read it, and it ended right when it was going to tell me my chances!!! LOL! I guess I will just leave it to God!!
Lots of prayers for our CC family-Cathy

Hi,
It sounds too good to be true. I believe the title of the article gives false hope to people who seek them; But the researchers who compiled the info. are from UCSF. you will be the judge.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy-what exactly is the "false hope" I could only read the intro page and it seemed to say what we all know that transplant with chemo and radiation, if a possibility is our best chance to be considerd cure. I am curious what it said.
Thanks-Cathy

Hi,
Unlike the last time about the Mayo liver transplant paper that I ordered the pre-print copy, this time I will not and therefore I did not have the chance to read the entire article.
My "false hope" statement is purely guy feeling and not evidence- based.
I simply use common sense and my biology  and disease understanding  about CCA to make that assumption ." CURE" is not the word I will use for this disease at this point .
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.