Topic: Knee surgery for me!

As many of you may know I've been suffering with left knee pain since August of 2011.  I'm going in for surgery next week Thursday.  Yippee!  I never thought that I'd be excited for surgery, but hopefully I will be able to walk correctly again.  I went to another orthopod and he did an MRI and I have two torn meniscus' and a chunk of bone in the knee.  I will be off work for a little over a week.

I had to go back to my PCP for a pre-op physical and I told him that if he ever tried to send my back to the first ortho doc, then I was going to fire him as my PCP.  He told me I was the third person in 2 weeks to complain about that ortho, so he is NOT going to refer patients to him any more.  YES!  The guy just was NOT a good doctor.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
HUGS
Margaret

Re: Knee surgery for me!

Dear Margaret, best of luck on your knee surgery. Easter is over so hopping bunnies are no longer needed. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Margaret,

I hope that all goes well with your knee operation and that you are up on your feet again as soon as possible! Good luck with it!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi,
I presumed that you will have the "Total Knee" done. If so, do not worry;make sure you tell your nurse if you" feel the pain is coming" , ask them or the pharmacist to come up and adjust the PCA pain pump or epidural for you;do not try to endure the pain and wait till the last minute to call the nurses'
It is also important to follow instruction to take the "coumadin" as prescribed by the doc to prevent blood clot following the surgery .
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Not a total knee replacement, just taking off the torn menscusis' (2) and getting the bone chunk out of my knee.

Surgery went well.  Knee all fixed up but range of motion is basically gone.  I have a total of 6 exercises to do, one of them I have to do 100 times a day!  It's no wonder they give you time off work!  And there wasn't a chunk of bone it was like a fatty tumor in the knee.  I'm sure they sent it off to pathology.  Now I have to work on bending the knee until I can bend it just like the other knee and work on getting it entirely straight.

Bad thing is that I've gone over 8 months with the knee like this so it will take sometime to retrain my muscles.  The signal from the brain is not getting to the knee because of the pain...my body protecting itself from pain!

I'll do my exercises.  Using a walker right now as it's pretty unstable right now and I don't need to fall and cause more damage to the knee.

One issue down and one more to go.  Ultrasound on the liver next tuesday.

Love and hugs to everyone,
Margaret

Sounds good, Mrgaret and still wishing you good luck on the Ultrasound.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Margaret...with your knowledge and background in patient care I expect nothing but an absolute perfect knee surgery recovery.  Hang in there, you are a trooper.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for letting us know how your knee op went and I'm so glad that it went well. Hopefully you will make a very speedy recovery indeed and get that knee working well again! And of course I am keeping everything crossed for you for Tuesday also.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.