Topic: My Home Town

Great idea from Gavin and Percy - thank you.

I've lived in London for ... a gazillion years, but I'm still a York girl at heart ("you can take the girl out of Yorkshire, but you can't take Yorkshire out of the girl" - lol)

This is where I grew up http://www.visityork.org/. It's Roman, it's Viking, Guy Fawkes was born here, Dick Turpin was executed here and - more importantly - it's My Home Town.

I wish I could find a decent video but I've scoured YouTube and can't find a good one sad

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Re: My Home Town

Julia, that was lovely and I saw you walking by the Shops!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for this! I've been to York tons of times and each time I've been there I must have spent about 5 minutes each time there.... Did I dislike it, no! But alas, each time I've been there is just passing through on the train to London and home again as York is on the East Coast line between Edinburgh and London!

It looks like a wonderful historical town and I would love to go there someday. My mums neighbour goes there each year for a 2 day break on the train and he raves about it. Lots of sights to see and good cafes too! After all, with all that walking and sight seeing you need a good brew!! smile

One of the great things about our towns and cities, apart from our glorious weather of course, is our history and I love all that! The history that is and not the weather!! Thanks Julia!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Found a video tour!! smile

http://www.yorkcivictrust.co.uk/

Thanks for the comments - I've enjoyed looking for pics and a video.  Susan's back in the Hospice for urgent symptom control and I am sooooooo stressed I can barely digest anything. I have chronic indigestion and can't sleep because my muscles jerk all night. I've loved being able to distract myself by exploring memory-lane.

I miss my childhood; I wish I felt I'd appreciated it more at the time.

(P.S. The osteopath has helped unknot my insides, so I'm feeling a bit better this morning)

Julia,

Thanks for the tour.  What a lovely place to be born and raised.  Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with all of us.  smile  Glad you are feeling better and hope that they are able to get Susan's symptoms under control, also.  Wishing all is well for you and yours.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the video! I hope that hospice will get Susan's symptoms under control rapidly and glad to hear that the osteopath was able to help you too. Thinking of you both and sending positve thoughts along the M74, onto the M6 and down the M1 into North London for you and Susan!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.