Topic: Good news and better news!!!

Hello all,

Just wanted to check in and let you all know...had my 5 year scan and am cancer-free!!!  What an amazing journey, yes, the awesome roller coaster ride.  For everyone who is fighting, KEEP FIGHTING!!! 

That was actually the better news.  I guess I should have written these paragraphs in a different order!  The good news is it's finally time for our fundraiser tomorrow.  We have 35 bowling teams registered with a couple more "maybes".  We have many people just dropping in to bid on the silent auction items or to just say hi.  Even my Dr. is going to drop by!

If you feel the urge to make a donation (all profits go to CC.org), here's a site that makes it super easy to do so:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/s … hingforsue

We have already made about $4000 that will go to CC.org and I am so excited to be able to give back something for all of the "therapy" you have given me over the past five years.

I will let you know how it goes!!!

Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: Good news and better news!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!  Congratulations Sue!!!  Wonderful, wonderful news!

Thank you for sharing...and for being a beacon for everyone else who is fighting this fight!

God bless...

Patti

2 Good Neweses! You are a real Super CC Hero in every way! Best of luck tomorrow I hope it is a real Lucky Strike!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue,

Yay and double Yay!!!! I am thrilled for your news about your scans. That is what we all pray for. I wish so bad that we could attend your fundraiser. Lauren and her boyfriend, Giovanni, are major bowlers. He even bought her an Italian flag bowling ball for Christmas. It would be so nice to be there. I wish you all the best. I'm sure it will be a huge success. Thanks so much for your generosity in helping us all fight the good fight against the dreaded CC. Let us know how it goes!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your wonderful news smile

Hi Sue....CONGRATULATIONS on your great news of 5 years cancer free!!!!! WooHoo!!  It's been 2 years and 3 months since my resection and I am A-OK so far, but I'm wondering if I do make it to 5 years or more what my health will be like.  Are you now released from your doctor's care or does he want to continue to monitor you?  My Mayo oncologist told me he would probably not need to see me anymore if I make it to 5 years.  Do you feel good, or do you still have medical issues related to the cc like infections, inflammation, etc.?  And are your scans "normal" or are there still things that cause the doctors to scratch their heads?  And your blood work?  Sorry for all of the questions!
Best wishes with your fundraiser!  Sounds like lots of fun for a very deserving cause.  I've been thinking I should be giving back too to the organization - will need to figure that one out.
My best to you!

Hi Sue,

What superb news indeed and this has just made my night!!! Thanks for sharing it with us all! Cancer free, doesn't get any better than that and it is so good to hear these words!

And thank you so much as well for your efforts with your bowling fundraiser. That sounds like so much fun and I am sure that you will all have a blast! Have a great time and thanks so much!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

WOW!!! Congratulations on the wonderful news!  I'm so happy for you.  You made it Sue.

Betsy

Congratulations!! 5 years cancer free is wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sue...your news is great on all fronts - perfect scan and a terrific fundraiser in the making.  Have tons of fun bowling for a great cause.
At one point, I am sure we will have the opportunity to meet again in person.
Hugs are coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congrats Sue!

What a great milestone to hit...5 years.  Here's to 10, 20,... and beyond!!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thank you all for such great wishes!!!  I feel great.  No real health issues with my liver.  I have to be careful with acetaminiphin (sp?) and can't take ibuprofen (because of my kidneys) so I do live with pain but it has nothing to do with my liver.  My bloodwork is all normal where my liver is concerned.  I have no inflammation or liver pain, just a little discomfort which I figure must be scar tissue, and some acid reflux.  My scans don't seem to cause any questions to the docs and my doc has, in fact, released me!  She said I was welcome to come back in a year, or two years, whatever I felt comfortable with.  Dianne, feel free to ask me anything!

Our fundraiser was a HUGE success!!!  We had 141 bowlers and about 30 others who just dropped by to wish us well and to have a good time!  And, boy, did we have a good time!!!  We hoped to make $3000 for CC.org and came in around $6000!!!!  That includes money from the First Giving Site, silent auction, 50/50 raffle and donations! 

I am amazed at the amount of support we have had and look forward to sending the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation a check for over $4500!  (Over $1500 has been donated via First Giving and sent directly to CC.org.)

It was a great event and hopefully we will be able to do it again next year!

Hugs,
Sue

Sue and her friends did a great job of organizing this event.  Looking forward to next year.  I plan on being there!

Cindy

WOW! Sue, that is totally over the moon! Good job and very exciting outcome! You really bowl ue over!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congratulations Sue!

Best wishes,

Susie

YEA-Susie! We need more long term postings on here, keep posting the great news!
Lots of prayers for all-Cathy

Sue...Sounds like you organized a spectacular event with exceptional results.  Stay well, dear Sue.  You are an inspiration to all.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

FABULOUS NEWS SUE  -- Ron is right behind you with 4 1/2 years out cancer free.  Hoping and praying that lots of others will be joining us.

Good morning!  Here's a follow up to our bowling fundraiser on April 14:

We made $1046 through our First Giving page.
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/s … hingforsue

We received checks totaling $1350.

I just wrote a check to the CC Foundation for $4331.11 for a grand total of:

$6727.11

My team was wonderful and we ended up with 141 bowlers and numerous people who just showed up to support us, including my doctor and her family!

We hope to be able to make it an annual event.

Thank you,
Sue

Sue...wow...I am impressed with your fundraising efforts and the incredible results achieved.  Congratulations and a huge "thank you."
Hugs,
Marion

Sue,

Thank you and everyone else that worked so hard on your fundraiser.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Sue,

Wow!! Thank you so much indeed! And of course my thanks alos to everyone else involved. Go team Sue and her 141 bowlers, friends, families, doctor and everyone else!! Congratulations and once again, thank you all so much!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Congratulations!!  That's awesome news. 

Daniela