Topic: Reduction in CA19.9 and CEA

OK folks, this is what my sister got

After 3 cycles, CEA drop up to 11.7; in six cycles it drops to 9.93
CA19.9 went down to 0.9 in the first round and now its 0.67

I dont know if this is good or nothing but at least the evolution is positive. How do you think she is doing?

(Sister, I-CC, 49 years, stage IV non-resectable)

Hughs
Jose

Jose, brother of Carmen, 49 years old with ICC, stage IV.

Re: Reduction in CA19.9 and CEA

Please, let me amend the evolution of this biomarkers

Evolution of CA 19.9
16._____10________0.9_________0.67

Evolution of CAE
11.63_________9.93

Please, let me know how does it sound to you according to your experience.
So far six cycles of Gemox
All the best
Jose

Hi Jose...I can't comment on the measurements only that I love to see the downward trend.  Europe has a different system than the US.  Hopefully someone else can enlighten us.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks Marions, but, isnt it this system the same in the US?

Jose...normal for those people with the Lewis antigen gene is 30 to 40 in the US. How high were you sister's previous readings of the CA 19-9?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

The first reasing was 16.0 and now its 0.67. What are the usually measure in American standards?

Thank you
Jose

Jose...that differs from person to person depending on the disease progression and/or response to treatment.  But a downward trend always is encouraging.
Hugs,
Marion

Accept all good news (and reduction of c19-9 and tumor is good news) as a victory. Focus on each day. Rejoice in small steps. Move a mile each day, in 10 days where are you at? 

Keeping the Faith!