Topic: Co-Treatment of Dichloroacetate, Omeprazole and Tamoxifen Exhibited Sy

Co-Treatment of Dichloroacetate, Omeprazole and Tamoxifen Exhibited Synergistically Antiproliferative Effect on Malignant Tumors: In Vivo Experiments and a Case Report

https://www.hepato-gastroenterology.org/?p=4777

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Co-Treatment of Dichloroacetate, Omeprazole and Tamoxifen Exhibited Sy

Gavin:
I would really like to know what this says. I just joined and signed in to read it, but now it says 30 Euros to read further. Do you have access to it and can cut and paste the "good" parts on this forum??
Thanks so much if you can.

Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi, kris,
I do not think it is harmful to take Prilosec(omeprazole) 20mg  daily or Protonix  40mg along with vitamin D3 1000 units daily especially if you have GERD or acid reflux problem;The report(the Abstract) said:
"Omeprazole (OPZ) and tamoxifen (TAM) strengthen the effects of anticancer drugs and dichloroacetate (DCA) inhibits tumor growth. This study assesses the synergistic effects of these drugs. "
But you donot need to take Tamoxxifen or DCA in order to do so.

They said OPZ and TAM " strengthen the effects of anticancer drugs" --;but unless your doctor tell you to do so; I will not take DCA and tamoxifen,

But   Omeprazole does provide relief for acid reflux( I belief acid reflux and/or H.Pylori infection  are  the  risk factors  personally for CCA  but they are  NOT have been  proven by the medical community yet.); I will also take vitamin D3 1000units daily since some of the clinical trial and research did provide some hint that it MAY works ( that means still not proven that it works.); but vitamin D3 is OTC medication and it is a vitamin; so I donot think it will be harmful to  take them both.
I myself take both  vitamin D3 1000units and Portonix40mg daily for about 6 months now.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

thanks. I take omeprazole daily because of the pump. I would like to hear more about this DCA tho. Especially if it helps us. So I want to ask her when I see her next week. I take a multi vitamin, but she doesn't like me to take "supplements" so I would have to ask her about extra D3. It can't hurt, right??

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, just in case you haven't seen it, we discussed DCA here:

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=7284

I've registered just to let you know that the article you're looking for is available here, entirely:

https://www.hepato-gastroenterology.org … _10507.pdf

The best for you! smile

Hi Madeline,

Many thanks for posting this link!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.