Topic: Explaining Cancer Genome Research

http://www.cancer.net/patient/All+About … e+Research

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Explaining Cancer Genome Research

Hi,
As far as for established "tissue bank " for study cancer there is still a long way to go ; not all hospitals  required to participate; there is no standard rules for tissue sample collection ,utilization and sharing of data.
This was the impression I got when I went to listen part of the session for regulations presented by a FDA official.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Explaining Cancer Genome Research

Percy...institutions have  established repository tissue banks for their own research purpose.  The issues to be worked out are just what you have been speaking of; handling of tissue (or blood) transportation, etc. However; this pertains to National Tissue Repository Banks and to those centers able and willing to receive outside samples.  BTW:  a National Tissue Bank for our cancer has not been included in the selection of diseases.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER