Topic: 2 1/2 year routine MRI coming up tomorrow

Hi all,

I have my 4 month MRI scan tomorrow.  Usually I get a call from my internist with the results the evening of my scan, but I have an appointment with my oncologist with the official results on Friday.

Please send some good thoughts and prayers my way.

I will post back here when I get the results.

Thanx to all of my CC.org family...your support means so much to me always.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: 2 1/2 year routine MRI coming up tomorrow

Hi Randi,

Good luck with your MRI tomorrow. I hope it all goes well and that the results come back on Friday for you with a load of good news! A ton of positive thoughts are coming your way from over here!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Randi, sending all the best JUJU out to you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanx Gavin I've been searching for a Dundonian word that says you are a great support and thanx for the positive thoughts!

Lainy. Coming from a fellow Jew, that JUJU is twice as good big_smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, OK, then I shall add a Mis Shiberach plus a Poo, Poo on anything bad!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you Lainy.  The scan-xiety is really getting to me but you have a way of calming me down.

Randi, this may sound pessimistic but for us it worked positive. When we would be waiting for Teddy's results and now when I am waiting for mine we would say, "It is what it is and if the news is not the best at least we will know and can take care of it". This new ONC I was seeing kept saying to me, "You know your UC can lead to what your husband had". I kept telling him, " I am not going to worry about it as the stress would kill me first, so we will just have to take care of what ever happens. In the meantime I am getting in to our new Banner MD Anderson here. I am just being watched anyway. Randi, between my GI guy, GP guy, Endrocrinologist guy, eye Doctor guy, Cardio guy I tell people I don't have room in my life for any other men!

Randi,

Best of luck with your scans. I will pray for everything to go well.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

9 (edited by marions Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:58:25)

Randi....just wanted to chime in and send tons of support your way too.
Everything is crossed for a fantastic results.  I will be thinking of you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Randi, Sending positive, positive thoughts and hugs for a great scan! Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Chica....Sending lots of positive thoughts,energy and prayers for your scan today...Can't wait to hear your great news!
Nancy

So just called to confirm when my scan time was today because they left me a message saying that it was at 10 when I thought it was at 8:30.  Yea, they scheduled a chest CT for today and instead of schduling the MRI for the same day, they scheduled it for Thursday at 8am! 

So, I moved the CT to the Thursday as well and now have 2 more days of scan-xiety to go...UGH

Oh well, nothing will change between now and Thursday.  Now I just have to figure out if the doc will have my results by my Friday appointment.

So change in plan, please send you wishes and hugs and prayers to me on Thursday.  i will carry the ones you sent today with me as well smile

-Randi-

Well, you are going to need a moving truck to carry all the good wishes another 2 days!

Hi Randi,

Ugh indeed with things getting moved and another 2 days of scanxiety. So, hugs and positive thoughts to you today, and whist I'm here, I'll give you some for tomorrow as well, and also more hugs and positive vibes coming your way for Thursday too! Lainy is right, you'll need a truck to carry them all around with you! Hope that your onc has a parking space big enough to handle a truck!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.