Topic: Adjuvant treatment in biliary tract cancer: To treat or not to treat?

Adjuvant treatment in biliary tract cancer: To treat or not to treat?

http://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/full/v18/i21/2591.htm

Re: Adjuvant treatment in biliary tract cancer: To treat or not to treat?

Hi, Eli,
That means still have no straight answer to say yes or no, the decision still lies on the doctor and the patient. 2nd opinion  is a must from well known institution.Research is a must by the caregiver, to discern and understand the importance of knowing about this cancer. For that, I always think that your wife is so lucky to have you by her side.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Eli...the above subject is a major debate amongst physicians treating biliary cancer patients.  It has been noted that at present 60% to 70% of all patients receive some type of adjuvant therapy for CC. 
As mentioned in the article, clinical trials are needed to demonstrate the efficacy of these treatments. And, I believe that we will see such within the next few years.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for thsi Eli. I stole a copy of the link and posted it over on the FB page as well, hope you don't mind!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks for posting!

Susie

Rather than start a new thread I will tack this on here. It's the same subject.

Adjuvant Therapy Beneficial in High-Risk Biliary Tract Tumors: Meta-Analysis

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/762919

You may need to create a free Medscape account in order to read the article.