Topic: My Inspiration, Wisdom and Motivation

Inspiration: My spouse was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Each day from that day forward was a blessing because he was here and doing well, comparatively speaking! He inspired me to look for the POSITIVE things in life rather than to focus on the negatives!

Wisdom: To know the difference between the things that I can change and the things that I cannot change! I could not change the fact that my spouse had terminal cancer, but I could, and did, everything within my power to make sure that he had good doctors who were looking out for his best interests! And each day I did whatever needed to be done to make him comfortable.

Motivation: Even though some days were rough on me, having to work along with caring for my spouse, my motivation to stay strong and do a good job in everything I did revolved around him. I saw him when he iwas beaten and downtrodden and very sick and yet he somehow found the strength to continue on each day and do the things that he could do. He accepted that his cancer would someday take him away and yet he did not feel sorry for himself, he felt sorry for the ones he would have to leave behind. That alone gave me motivation to not 'wallow in pity' for myself.

RIP my love, Thomas G. Lepp 2/11/1947 - 11/20/2011 - LIVING THE DASH between the date of birth and the date of passing, that is the most important thing in your life!

Love,
Margaret

Re: My Inspiration, Wisdom and Motivation

Margaret, this was beautiful, I love it! Thanks

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Your post brought me to tears (happy ones!) nice post!

Dear Margaret-
I came on tonight looking for something to say to my dear Uncle who was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer just yesterday. I am travelling down to see him and his wife tomorrow.
You have given me the words.
A very sad day for us again almost 2 years after my David and I first heard the word, Cholangiocarcinoma.
Thanks,
Chrissy M xx

Hi Margaret, You and Tom were inspirations for many of us here. Tom and Doug are at peace now and you and I are working hard to find our peace. Love Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

What a lovely post Margaret. You and Tom were and still are such a great love story. I hope your knee is feeling better.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Margart, sounds like your husband and mine are alike!  Accepting (but fighting) this unreal cancer.  Just five months ago he was well and now.......Peter is fighting for his life.  Chemo not working so healthy living to buy time.   I am trying to not feel sorry for myself but feeling cheated in the prime of our life (61 he and 52 me). We had So many plans.

One of the thing we just had was a Celebration of Life Party for "The Love of Pete".  What a great party and show of love. We are enjoying everyday we have now and hope there will be many.

Thank you for sharing your story. I needed to read something like this tonight.

Susan, we so understand. Teddy was like Tom and Pete. He had the strongest mind, he was ready to go to his Peace, he was so worried about me. I made a little mantra up for myself when I am feeling down or missing him,  goes like this, "Shame on you (me) You had for 17 years what most people never have in a life time". Then I feel better. I loved your Celebration of Life party, great idea!
When we started Hospice Teddy called that period of our lives, "our Honeymoon".

Stay strong, Susan, we are all here for you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.