Topic: cc get together?

I saw kris and pam talking on facebook and thought...we should have the people in the eastern part of US meet in a central location for a night or two at a hotel and dinner out, etc. I am in central/north kentucky and i think there are a lot in ohio/pa, etc. Somewhere like cleveland? A sort of CC family reunion.

Re: cc get together?

I'm outside of Philadelphia, PA.
My parents live near Huntsville, AL and I HOPE to get down there this fall... then I get to meet Tiffany! She lives 5 minutes from my parents. Small world, huh??

I think for a lot of us $$ will be a concern. So we would have to find somewhere cheap. And coordinating everyone's schedules will be tough. Are you up to that challenge?????? smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Erin,

I think it would be great if a bunch of us could get together. Let's all see what we can come up with!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I am leaving for Philadelphia Saturday morning for the DIA fellowship program.  Our Karen will pick me up from the airport. Kris, I am available Monday or Tuesday evening. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

5 (edited by kris00j Sat, 23 Jun 2012 07:13:50)

Marion: Where are you staying?? I might have to skip poker or dancing to meet you!!! smile
[Monday would probably be best because Wed. I have to get up to go to Princeton and it will be a long day.]

Actually, upon further review, Tues. might be better. Give me place/time for both so we can work it out...... Then just look for the tallest woman in the room!! smile

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris...I just arrived in Philadelphia.  Sorry for not responding earlier, but I have not had internet connection for a few days prior. 
Karen picked me up from the airport (how sweet is that?)
I would love to meet up with you and anyone else in the Philadelphia area although, I am pretty much stuck near the convention center.  I will post a bit more tomorrow (too tired right now.)
Kirs, I will send an e-mail to you with my phone number.  I will be in sessions until 5 pm however; I will take out some time to answer messages.
I am so excited.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion:
I got your message. Just wanted to post so everyone could see it. I can't wait to see you, too!!
I will call Mon. around 6ish if that's good. Are you at the convention center? I really know very little about Philadelphia. But I have a good GPS and if possible I'll take the train so I don't even have to worry about parking....
If I can get details by Mon. night I can figure out the best way to get there. But I WILL have to get home for some sleep 'cause I'm taking myself to Princeton on Wed....
I'm excited to meet you, too!!!
Hugs,

KrisJ