Topic: Email from dr. Javle.

It just makes me feel good, so I wanted to share. Please don't talk to me on facebook about this. We are going to keep it under cover for right now. But i asked him if he thinks i have 5 years left and this was his reply. I just love that man.

Tiffany,

Do you have more than 5 years? Yes, I believe this is feasible. And I want you to believe this. Anything can happen to all of us anytime..the difference in your case is you have this diagnosis. So I would take care of the possibilities especially given your young family. Knowing you, I am sure you have done this already. I have talked about liver transplant to colleagues here. That could get us to a longer survival. It depends upon the next scan. Will talk more next visit. You need to exercise, eat well and get 8 hours of sleep.

MJ

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Email from dr. Javle.

Hi,
Well said.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

NICE! He is such a kind man!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

What a great email!  Thanks for sharing!

Susie

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited just to know they are talking about me. This email does give me lots of hope.
What an awesome doctor to email me after hours too. I totally feel more at peace with being at MDA, and blessed to have dr. Javle on my team!

Fabulous, Tiffany!! What a great man. It gives us all hope xxx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

WONDERFUL!!! What a great man and good doctor, taking time late in the evening to talk to you!! Can't wait to swap transplant stories (they do work)!!! LOL!!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Tiffany:
I am so glad for your good news!! And I'm happy you are finally comfortable with your decision and not trying to second guess your treatment!!!!
Now get off that Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!! smile
If I can give up candy bars, you can give up Dr. Pepper.
Love ya GF,
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Chills...what a lovely email from a Doc.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Kris/Tiffany-Kind of confused why are you giving up anything, don't you think chemo is an excuse for all bad habits!! (except smoking!!) My memorable line from my radiation oncologist was "Cathy we do not like skinny people here!!", it was the first time I ever ate with out guilt!!!
Lots of prayers for both of you-Cathy

WOW I love Dr. Javle!!!!

Tiff-Tiff,

That is awesome news!! What a sweet doctor. Praying for great scans and a long, happy life!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I just love him too. What a great doctor.

Hi Tiff,

Thanks so much for sharing this here!!! Waht a lovely Dr Dr Javle is!!!!

Everything will be crossed for your next scan!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lol kris. Dr. Pepper is so hard to give up. I just love that stuff. I haven't had any today. I like Cathy's outlook. wink;) love ya too cc sister! Now hurry and get to AL!

Cathy I gave up sugar because I don't want those lymph nodes growing any more until radiation gets going. And yes, I used chemo as an excuse to eat badly. Dr. Fong scared me last month and so I'm off MOST sugar and trying to eat healthy so I don't get sick!!!
Tiff: AL will probably wait until after radiation now. I don't even know when I'm starting yet. Will find out next Tues. and how long.... probably gonna try for after Labor Day because it's just too darned hot down there right now! smile

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

It is very hot here. I can't even check the mail or walk the dog with would feeling dizzy. I think it's a good idea to wait.

HOT? re you talking HOT? Tomorrow will be 112o in Phoenix. But not humid even though we are in our Monsoon season. No rain since last March. Baby it's hot outside.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Geez that is hot!

Oh Tiffany, I love that doctor as well!! WOW, what a great great man!!! You´re gonna be just fine!! I know it!!
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Got nooooo idea at all how all of you guys manage in that heat all summer!!! Think I should be grateful for my rain here!! 112o..........ouch!!!!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

No walking barefoot around Lainy's area that's for sure. Especially for those of us with neuropathy!! Blisters?? How did I get them??? big_smile
I think the 88ish around here is bad enough, but we get the humidity too. So it can be oppressive.

KrisJ

We are having our Monsoon season now lasts about 3 months and tonight got in a dust storm and a tiny bit of rain, first since March. Yes, at 113 you can fry an egg on the sidewalk. It's all ok though as we go from the car to the house and go to the pool in the evening. Very little humidity.

Hi Tiff,  What wonderful news and how blessed you are to have such a rare doctor who obviously cares deeply enough for every patient to answer emails!
As for all you guys out there with hot, dry weather please send some to BC where we have been deluged with rain causing floods, highway closures and destruction. Hugs and love, Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Nevermind not just walking around at Lainy's in barefeet Kris, don't think I'd be moving too far away from the air con unit in her house! Unless that was of course to run to the pool and dive in......but then again, you could boil in that water in the pool!!