Topic: Rare Disease Drug Approval Measure

As quoted by DIA

"  Measure.McClatchy  (6/27, Rudansky) reports that the Senate has approved a measure "that will quicken the approval process for drugs intended to treat patients with rare diseases." The provision, which was drafted by Sen. Kay Hagan, "passed the Senate as part of a wider bill that updates and reworks the user fees paid by drug companies that are seeking Food and Drug Administration approval for their products." Hagan said it is"significant for patients suffering from diseases that don't have adequate treatment options or might have no treatment options at all."

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Rare Disease Drug Approval Measure

Thanks for this Marion, this sounds like good news indeed. Do you have a link to the piece?

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

YAYYYYYYY!  Thanks, Marion.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

http://www.rarediseases.org/news-events/news/pdufa-2012

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for posting the link Marion.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.