Topic: Resection for the elderly between 80 and 90 years of age

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22706427

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

2 (edited by PCL1029 Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:53:09)

Re: Resection for the elderly between 80 and 90 years of age

Hi,
Japanese  are famous for their  long-javity ; therefore it is not uncommon to see  older people to have surgery done.
But the  difference I think this study may not be applied to us lies in the body mass index(BMI),and the other related health problems. In short, obesity.
normal BMI is around or <25; and when BMI>30 or so, it is obesity.but I will make sure and ask for 2nd opinion about the BMI litmit.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Thanks for this Marion! And thanks also for your thoughts on this as well Percy.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi,
I talk with the nutritionist ,the BMI figure is correct .
1. <25 is normal;
2. 25-30=overweight,
3.>30 is class 1 obesity
and  when the  BMI  is between 30-40 , then it will be obesity class 2 and 3.

One of the formula to find our your BMI (Body Mass Index) is
your weight in pounds x703 divided by your height in inches twice.
For example if you are 155 pounds and you are 5 feet and 6 inches(66inches) tall your BMI will be: 
155x703=108965 then devided by 66=1650.99 and again devided the 1650.99 by 66 ;the result is 25.01 which is the high normal or they can call it overweight

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.