Topic: "Someone to watch over me"

I've just woken from a dream during which the phone rang. As I woke, I caught the faint whiff of perfume.

The phone turned out to be just part of my dream - but the perfume wasn't.

It's four weeks today and I miss you dreadfully, Susan. I'm aware my mind's playing all sorts of tricks with me, but I know I'm not alone and it's very comforting.

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: "Someone to watch over me"

Julia, it was not a dream or a trick, I firmly believe it was Susan. The more you have an open mind the more she will come. They come through Music, leaving pennies and dimes around, electricity such as lights blinking, TVs going louder and softer, perfume and oh so many other ways. I am so excited for you that you experienced your first visit with Susan.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

My Dad passed away in 2005, and we realized  that his 'Totem' was a Hawk, because shortly after he died, we (family) went for a walk in the woods along the river that he so loved, and this Hawk was just flying along with us. At various times hawks have swooped down in front of us.. and at my wedding- during the ceramony, 2 hawks circled above- not sure who the seocnd one was....... my best friend and i decided it was her mom who had passed away too. ( i was unaware at the time but i have pics to prove it!) Just the other day, while riding my bike, Hawk was following me... and i got worried about my mom... (but all was status quo) So YES! They are still with us and make visits!

Oh, MM, I am so excited about your Hawks! I have another believer!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you, Lainy and mm.  I’m of the “I don’t know but I’ll try to keep an open mind” school and I’m really trying to keep an open mind over this.

I’ve been making “Memorial Cards” for Sue over the past few days.  We were given one when our Aunt died last year and Sue said “I want one of those”, so one-of-those was what I was determined she should have.  Mum chose the photo and I designed and made the cards.

Yesterday, I printed, signed and sealed the first batch, for delivery this morning to the friends in the two streets my house adjoins.

Last night was the first night I’ve dreamed about Sue since she died (or, at the least, the first time I remember dreaming about her).  In my dream, she was really keen to come with me as I delivered the cards.  I felt rather weird at first, delivering memorial cards for my late sister, when my “late” sister insisted on accompanying me – but I got used to it after a while.  My friends didn’t seem to find it as odd as I did and we had a great time.

At one point, I remember she was sitting on a friend’s sofa and her limbs kept fading in and out, as if she was about to disappear, but she forced them back into view.  At one point, she snapped at me; “stop watching me like that – I’m not going anywhere”, which friends who know Sue – either personally or through my posts – will know was something she said to me quite often in the latter stages of her illness.

When I awoke this morning, I delivered the cards on my own, but I know Sue was with me and I know she approved.  In fact I think she’s chuffed to bits.*

Love Julia

*Chuffed to bits = really pleased about something (http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml)

Wow, cool dream Julia. Susan really is showing you that she is and will be always with you. Love, Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Love that dream Julia! Susan must have had,  and still does, a great sense of 'being'. I think it's great that she wanted to go with you to deliver the cards.

Julia, how exciting! I have discovered that Teddy's kids do not believe at all and therefore they do not see him as we do. My family so believes. Just keep an open mind. I saw a Medium on TV a couple of weeks ago actually on Dr. Oz, and she said that then "they" COME TO YOU SO VIVIDLY IN A DREAM IT IS USUALLY NOT A DREAM BUT A REAL VISIT. Teddy has appeared like that 3 times now in the last 1 1/2 years. I find it all so interesting and exciting.

Julia,

I'm also a believer and am sure Susan was with you on your deliveries.  Love the thought that she was "chuffed to bits".   smile  It is comforting to know that our loved ones are still near us.   No longer in a physically way as we would want, but in so many other ways.

Take care, thinking of you and your mum.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Try as I might, I just can't work out how to post a photo here hmm, so I'm posting a link to my blog. If you look at today's entry, you'll see why I'm starting to believe, too. Thank you, sweet sis.

http://lalupes.blogspot.co.uk/

XX

Julia, that is awesome!  Your blog is now in my favorite's.   smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

INCREDIBLY, AWESOME!

I'll need to ask Rick how to post an image - I know it can be done, 'cos I've seen it done and there's an image link, but I just can't do it.  Gavin will understand how frustrated a gadget-freak like me is feeling at the moment big_smile

Here's a link to yesterday's incident.

http://lalupes.blogspot.co.uk/

I cried when it came out of the plastic bag with Sue's old photos (from the '70s, '80s and early '90s); a handful of old memories and a feather for reassurance.

Love you, sis xxxx

BTW, we played Erroll Garner's version of "Someone To Watch Over Me" at Sue's funeral.  It was so beautiful.

The bird/feather theme is an interesting one,Julia.I had the experience of 3 birds coming into the house during the night,the last one was an owl and it flew onto my bedside table about 3 oclock in the morning(Roland was up at the time,I was asleep but woke to find it in the house!.So now birds come in to the house in the day occasionally but I have never had them come in at night before or since that time which was a few weeks after Joel died.
                   and I am a cynical type of woman but the facts speak I think

16 (edited by Lalupes Mon, 02 Jul 2012 07:16:11)

I feel the same, Janet.  I'm neither a believer nor a non-believer, but I don't see why I should disregard something just because I don't understand it.  Sue told me she wouldn't leave me and don't think she has.

XX

Wonderful story, Janet and when you believe, anything can happen!

Thanks for the link to your blog Julia and I love the pics over there as well. And Ha!!! With you being the gadget Queen and all that I can see how your struggling with posting a pic here most be very frustrating indeed for you!! I'm not sure how to do it either, but, have you looked at photo hosting sites then posting the link to that host site for each pic in your text in a post here? I know that that works on some of the financial sites that I use.

Time for you to crack the books harder Wise! (or google in this modern age!)

Much Hugs,

Gavin

PS - Or Rick!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

My Dear Julia,

The first time I smelt my Dads aftershave was on the morning of his funeral, and when I am having very bad days it comes over me again.  Like you before Dad passed away I neither did or didn't believe, but being with Dad the days before and when he died really did change my mind.

Like you I have found feathers, and I now take great comfort in them, Ant has got used to me leaving them where I find them as I like too see them when they appear in the house, they remind me my Dads near.

After Dad died Ant kept finding 5ps in the strangest of places too, as a non believer it began to freak him out a bit, especially as at the time Dad died, 2.45am, Ant said it was like the house was shaking and a gust of wind swept throught the bedroom. That was the first thing Ant asked me when I phoned to tell him Dad had died. "Was it at 2.45?". Mom and Dads next door neighbour was in their back garden on the morning Dad died has he couldn't sleep as he guessed Dad was nearing the end as my car was still outside. Just before 2.45 an Owl appeared, when I researched this I found that an owl is typically the bearer of the deceased's soul as it passes from this world to the next.

Your dream to me is a definate sign Susan in still by your side, and she wants to make sure you are still doing what you are told!! and as for the feathers, yet another sign she is still with you. The bond you had is too strong to be broken, and as the poem says "Death is nothing at all, I have only slipped away into the next room, I am I and you are you, whatever we where to each other, we still are".

Lots of love

Andrea xxx

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".