Topic: Happy Canada Day!

To all you Canadians here, I wish you a Happy Canada Day!!!

Have a great day with all of your familes! Enjoy!

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Happy Canada Day!

Yes! Happy Canada Day to all of our Canadian members and their families.

Gavin, thank you. Please pray tell how you manage to remember the date over there in Scotland - Dundee? wink

Thanks Gavin! Beautiful day here in Revelstoke B.C. Thankful to live in a country that is glorious and free! Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

You're most welcome! I hope you both had a great day with your families and I'm guessing that you had the weather for it too!

Ha Eli! It was simple really. Every year I get a calender that I put on my wall. It is produced by the company here in Dundee that writes our local daily and evening newspaper and it is a great calender taht always has great pics of Dundee scenes, life, history etc for each month of the year. Plus my dad worked for them for nearly 50 years and DC Thomsons and their publications are legendary here in Dundee! Google Oor Wullie or the Broons or Dennis the Menace for more info if you want to, I grew up with these guys!

Anyway, I changed the calender over as it was the 1st of July, and it said in the box for the 1st that it is Canada Day and I thought of you guys! My calender also says that the 2nd is an observed holiday too for Canada day so I googled it and Wikipedia says that if Canada day falls on a Sunday then the 2nd also becomes a holiday, is that true?

So, if it is true then have a good holiday today as well!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Gavin,

Yes it true, the 2nd was a holiday as well. Our public holidays all work like that. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we get Monday off work to recover from the fun :-)  It's just common sense, isn't it? Is it not how public holidays work in the UK?

DC Thomsons must be a great company that your dad worked for them for nearly 50 years! I can't imagine staying that long at one place. I've been with my current employer for 12 years and that feels like an eternity to me.

Eli