Topic: "Motorcycle chick" rides again

Well, the scooter was a bad buy. It's still laid up and out of service. It will be about $1000 to get it running RIGHT! I guess they saw me coming....
So, since I start radiation next week and I've had this monster motorcycle staring at me from my garage for a year without riding it, I decided on Tues. to get it registered and inspected. I've put over 200 miles on it since then. Rode to Princeton for my blood work and pump fill.
Went riding today with a friend. I wear all this gear: was sweating my BUTT off in 92 degree heat when what happens? Here I wear all this gear so I don't get hurt and some stinking insect stings me on the neck! UGH. It looked REALLY big as I swatted it away at 45mph. I have no idea what it was, but thank God it didn't get a good seat for long. Got me twice it looks like, but no stinger, and no swelling. Red and hot. That is the worst part of m/c riding. I hate getting stung! This is the 3rd time, and all 3 times the bee or whatever got stuck in my protective gear and kept stinging me! Maybe I should ride with just shirt and jeans??? Don't worry, I'm not THAT crazy! Not with all this traffic around here...
I just really wanted to ride while I feel good. If radiation kicks my butt I'll put my insurance on hold and it won't cost me much... but it was so worth it just for the past 3 days. It's one of my sanity checks... and I'm so glad to be back in the saddle.
Just thought I'd share.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: "Motorcycle chick" rides again

OMG Kris, I am laughing so hard I am crying. Just a suggestion Harley girl, use some bug spray before you venture out. Maybe you are just too sweet or else the stinger is attracted to chemo? I am so glad you got out though and gave it a whirl!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy: No Harley here. It's a Honda ST1100. I call it a sport bike on steroids.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris....what a lovely post this is.  I can just picture you riding and swatting simultaneously.  Have fun, but (sorry can't help myself) be safe. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Awesome Kris on reclaiming your ride!  Good for you!  The insect bite was just to test your will and you won!

I am glad to see you are out and about doing things that make you happy!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Good for you Kris!  I know, isn't driving a motorcycle such a freeing sensation.  Feels addicting sometimes.  Have fun!

Wishing all God's blessings!

Glad you are having so much fun Kris!

Cindy

I don't think i mentioned it when we had lunch the other day, but i was REALLY impressed that you rode all the way from Philly to Princeton!!!!

What a great story Mototrcyle Girl! But yuck to the bugs big time!! Enjoy the riding and I hope all goes well with the radiation next week.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.