Topic: Percy, Thanks For Asking

The Bat Mitzvah was awesome. I have been to many in my lifetime and most families spend thousands of dollars on the Party after. This was all heart and soul, in the woods that look like God's Country, with 230 Campers and 30 Counselors. I don't know who was more excited, all the kids, Lexy or Robin and me. The Camp didn't skip a beat. First we had the little ceremony of Robin and I donning Lexy with my Tallis (prayer shawl) from my Bat Mitvah and then a ceremony of L Dor V Dor which means Generation to Generation and I passed the Torah to Robin who passed it to Lexy. They had all the important prayers and Lexy had even written a speech at the end after she read her Hebrew from the Torah. They included the 3 boys in rituals also which made it a small but tight family affair. Afterwards we went to lunch downtown Prescott and home with beautiful Memories. Then the next day I got a call that my oldest Grandson in Milwaukee (25) got engaged. With everything looking so good I am waiting for Friday when my biopsies come back.

Lexy's Speech:
Had an amazing day having my bat mitzva! I am woman hear me roar! here is my speech for all of you smile love this place.

In this weeks torah portion, the importance of family ties comes in. we gain so much from being close to family. Not only is my family so intertwined with who I am but I’m lucky enough to have an extended family called CCP. Everyone who is here to support me and share this experience means so much to me. “Happiness is only real when shared” I feel that I am responsible to give as many memories to the next generation of campers as I gained from being here. You have an impact wherever you go, never forget that. The world is a lovely place and I want to leave it better for the next generations to come when I’m gone. This means accounting for every single person, just like Moses did to the twelve tribes. Lexy's speech:
Community: a unified body of individuals. I want to say thank you to my family. My brothers who mean everything to me, and I can never get enough time with. My grandma who teaches me to love unconditionally, my best friends who helped me become myself, My mom who is my support system through life. She is my best friend and my hero, and my camp for shaping my experiences into strengths. For everyone who has watched me grow as a person and to those of you who I have just met but already love. And especially Jason Bronowits who as a good friend helped and encouraged me to do all of this. I hope I leave an impact where I go in life, and I hope you do to. Shabbot shalom everyone.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Percy, Thanks For Asking

Hi, Lainy,
Both speeches are well written; short but to the point,full of encouragement and hope;"shaping experiences into strengths" Wow, Lexy does have your personal touch when comes to writing, Lainy-- like a verse in a poem.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Sounds like a wonderful time, Lainy. You must be so proud of Lexy. It seems like you have an awesome family. I must've missed it if you said you were having biopsies, but I hope everything comes back negative. Prayers are coming from us. Take care sweet Lainy.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

OOPS. Prednisone (Dreadnizone) brain! You are so right, I don't think I posted about it. I will try to make it short like me. For almost a year now I have had Ulcerated Colitis and not much has worked on it as I have a very strange system. Have been on Prednisone and Lialda for 10 months. Getting better but not fully done yet. Anyway Teddy's sister was with me for 10 days and I had a Gastritic attack and ended up in ER. I need to digress. About 2 1/2 years ago (1 year before Teddy passed)  I had another rare cancer called a GIST Tumor. They got it all with clear margins. Like CC there is no cure except to keep having it removed. Like CC you don't know you have it until it is quite large. Like CC it returns. I have CT Scans every 6 months and just joined our new MD Anderson here. So, impressed that when I feel much better I want to volunteer there. I love to digress don't I? SO, May 8th I had my scan and it was clean. June 28th had the Gastritic attack and they did another scan but this time found a thickening on my Pyloris which is near where my GIST was. I went in last week for Colon/Endo and they took biopsies that I am waiting for. Colon was clean. I told the Doctor, yes I did, that the thickening is probably from the Gastritis. Isn't it amazing how we have all earned our MED 101 degree?  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Glad to hear that it went well Lainy, hope you and Robin had enough Bounce!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Sounds like quite the production. What a wonderful family you have. You are surely blessed. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Congrats! I just went to the catering hall where we are going to have my daughter's Bat Mitzvah next October... I've gotta start saving up now!!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Derin, it is so amazing, no matter how one chooses to do it. I had told Gavin that Robin and I said we will each need a box of kleenex and she said, more like we will each need a roll of bounty. The neat thing was that Lexy had her Mom's same Haftorah from 37 years ago and I passed my Tallit on to Lexy from when I was Bat Mitzvah 7 years ago at age 65. I just had a thought for you, you could fish every day and save up the fish in the freezer or just make Gefilte Fish! LOL

Hah! We ate Sunday's catch on Wednesday night, mangrove snapper and sheepshead, it was very good!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

how did I miss this thread from the middle of July!! 

Lexy's Bat Mitzvah sounds wonderful...mazel tov!!  And her speech was lovely. 

Hope your scans came back good, haven't seen anything posted about it.

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Mazel tov Lainy!

What a wonderful weekend.  Your granddaughter will cherish the memories of you celebrating with her.

Lauren

Thank you Lauren!

Good Memory, Randi!!! My Biopsies were clean and green so to speak. Next CT Scan December. I am so impressed with our new MDA here in Phoenix. I got a call that I will have my CT and LABS one day and the results the next day when I meet with my ONC. It's just so strange that my GIST Cancer is something like CC. You don't have any warnings that you have it, chances of return are likely but hey, I am not going to worrry about it. I have too much to do. Once I can get rid of this UC I plan on volunteering once a week at MDA here. There are some very nice 'older' men volunteering there! LOL

That's awesome Lainy!  So glad to hear it.  My next scans are in december as well, so we will get good news at the same time!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Lainy,  Cheers to the great scans! I love your attitude about not worrying! Keep having fun.Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

15 (edited by lisacraine Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:14:08)

Lainy,
You must be so proud of Lexy, what a beautiful celebration. Family is so important and such a blessing
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Lainy,

Hip hip hurray for clean biopsies!! I think you would be a great volunteer. All those older men will be lining up to get to know the beautiful Lainy!!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

HaHa, Pam, like we say in  my neck of the woods,  "from your mouth to God's ears"!
I don't want marriage but a companion would be very nice.