Topic: 2 years cancer-free. False positive CA-19-9

Thanks Marian for having told me last week that it was too soon to tell. My CATScan today showed nothing and while the doctor didn't have any answers as to why the CA19-9 marker was high
Giving a false positive , he just said it sometimes happens. The scan was clear. I feel truly blessed. I also feel in awe of so many people on this site whose spirits are truly inspirational. I can never thank people enough for their postings about their journeys which provide strength during a very uncertain and frightening time. I feel blessed to have this site AND my doctor who is the best.

Re: 2 years cancer-free. False positive CA-19-9

Dear Kathy, that is wonderful news! The best. Here is wishing for NOTHING on the next Scan as well. Enjoy the rest of your summer and please keep us updated on how you are feeling.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3 (edited by marions Tue, 07 Aug 2012 00:51:00)

Kathy....we love, love, love, clear scans.  Congratulations.  Time to take a deep breath and to enjoy the summer.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Great news!!

Dear Kathy,

Congratulations on your good scans; I hope they continue for a long, long time.  Hugs,  PeggyP

Fannnnn-tas-tic!!

Glad to hear it and here is to many more clean scans to come!
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.