Topic: Checking in...

Well, just wanted to say hi. Had a great time in NY for the wedding in the Hamptons over the 4th, Wicked was a fantastic play on Broadway as well. No news is good news I guess. 9/4 is my next scan, 9/11 oncologist appointment. I don't seem to have any issues now except eating too much and added a few more pounds than I should have. Travelling for work kills your diet, that's for sure... Probably will be in Houston next week and maybe Huntsville but will possibly postpone Huntsville until the following week. Hope everything is going as well as it can be with everyone else!!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (16) and Sydney (14)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Re: Checking in...

Derin....so good to hear from you and to know that you had a wonderful time away from home.  You sound wonderful.  Glad that you gaining weight.  I know, I know...but we, on this board are a bit different in this regard.  Fingers are crossed for an uneventful scan next month.  Life is good.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yeah, but my pants are getting too tight..... that's bad, very bad... smile

Derin

Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Ha, ha, Derin....next size up?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Derin, welcome home and welcome back. We miss you since you know you are one of our rays of sunshine! Glad you had a great time. Time now to plan for your own event. Say, we could invited this whole Board!!! What is an extra 1,000 people.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Derin: I am in Huntsville now. I leave on the 23rd. Tiffany lives here, too. If you get here beforehand, maybe we can finally meet up! But we seem to always be a week off.
If we can't meet in Alabama, where are your appts for scan, etc.? I will be in NYC on the 5th. Scan in NJ on the 4th at a MSKCC satellite office.
And, sorry you're gaining weight, but at least you feel good enough to be gaining weight!! It could be worse. Lay off the fried food and don't finish your portions. That's how you don't gain weight when you travel. smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

willpower and portion control is the biggest part... I went to the gym with the kids Saturday and Hunter fenced while Sydney stayed with me and worked out. I'm doing OK with the resistance training side (getting back to where I was little by little) but sticking with the cardio plan is the problem. I better tighten up if I want to be able to complete the Tough Mudder in December...

Derin