Topic: Insurance denied FORFIRINOX

Hi
My insurance company denied the clinical trials of forfirinox since it's not approved by FDA for cholangio.
When I asked my nurse if the other patients had any problems with insurance and said no, only my insurance.  I searched any supporting articles to appeal but no luck yet.  I don't know what to do...
LeeAnn

Re: Insurance denied FORFIRINOX

LeeAnn...@$#@$$%%^%^&^&   Only thing I can suggest is that you ask your ONC to write them a letter. Maybe someone will have more suggestions, I hope so.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3 (edited by marions Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:40:39)

LeeAnn....the National Cancer Institute explains insurance issues for clinical trials: 
http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/pa … -coverage/
It is important for all of us to find the answers to insurance denials so please, stay in touch.  Good luck.
Others may have more to add.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

LeeAnn,

Take a look at the following post. If I remember correctly, Margaret (the author of that post) works for an insurance company. She provided some tips as to how one can appeal the denial.

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … 735#p59735

Thank you everyone,
I spoke with my nurse care manager from insurance company and she's going to address the issue to her manager. When a nurse from hospital called to insurance asked about peer to peer review, they said that's not even an option. Seriously??? An advocate from hospital is going to be involve as well now I hope we'll get some answer very soon.  I'm schduled for port next Monday and hope to start on chemo no less than 2 weeks....

Just got a call from my nurse.  The genotyed test came back and I'm don't qualify for the clinical trials.  BOOoo After all this now they say noooo!!!!!

Aw, LeeAnn I am sorry. But onward and upward you still have a good game plan!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.