Topic: Meeting tiff1496

Hi everyone:
Just wanted to post that Tiff1496 and I are going to meet this week. Of course, I have to travel over 1000 miles to do so!! smile
Actually, she lives about 5 minutes from my parents and I am going down there to visit for a week. So we are going to finally meet. It will be nice to put a person to the voice and face...
I am planning on going with her to treatment so her onc can have 2 cc patients in her office at once. Let me rephrase: 2 HEALTHY LOOKING cc patients in her office at once!!
Still working on meeting Lisa, Pam and Lauren. They live about 7 or 8 hours from me and trying to get a long weekend in there somewhere so we can meet.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Meeting tiff1496

Oh, I am so jealous!!!!  Wish I could see this big meet up. Also wish I could see the look on the face of the ONC!  I do believe this is a first! Have fun you 2 and don't get in any trouble but if you do have fun at it!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris....Oh, how I wish to tag along.  This will be a great visit.  Keep us posted, you two.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,

It is a feeling like no other to meet someone with CC. There are so few of you that it is not very often you can meet. That is a good thing, though. You will feel so comfortable with Tiffany and can talk about things nobody else really gets. We have so much fun every time we are with Lisa. You kind of forget about cancer even though you talk about it when you are together. It just seems like we laugh the whole time we are together and you love each other from the first time you meet. You'll see when you meet her. I felt the same way when we met Betsy from this site. Sadly, we have only been able to see her once. Enjoy your time with Tiff and hope to get to see you soon too!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam: I felt the same way when I met Kim. I only met her the one time. Jim wanted to get the 3 of us together but it didn't happen, so, sadly, I never got to meet him.
I'm really looking forward to meeting Tiffany, although she had treatment moved to today because her doctor is out of town tomorrow. But we are going to meet up! Not sure if it is going to be tomorrow or not, as my mom has a drs appt. with MRI tomorrow. It seems that the dizziness and vertigo may be a family thing. Not sure if I like that or not. Was kind of hoping it was from chemo so it might go away. Now I guess it might be neurological or something else. I guess I'll be calling my doc when I get home to make an appt. for tests for me. UGH! But I had an episode today at the Atlanta airport when I was looking up toward the screen to see which gate I needed to get to. Thought I was gonna fall. First time it's happened when I was standing up, and that's bad.
Between the cracked tooth, vertigo, dizziness, blurry vision (cataract??) and cancer, I think I will have LOTS of dr. appts. to go to for a while.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, I sure hope you can meet up with Tiff.  I have 5 Doctors! I have been telling them that I love them all and they are all male, however, they are leaving no room in my life for another man!!! They chuckled and I just blame what I say on the Prednisone. Good to have something to blame it on. Well, maybe not!  LOL

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris,  How exciting! I too wish I could join in and meet you lovely ladies. Hope you get the vertigo under control. I suffered from that one year. It so strangely came on, was awful, and after a number of months went away!??

Lainy, You are too funny, hope I can meet you one day, too! Running out of time right now but must post later about my strange experience today that you (if anyone) will appreciate.

Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Nancy, come to Phoenix in the winter when it is COLD in Revelstoke! Can't wait to hear your story!

Got to meet kris today! It was awesome! We just hung out at my house. It seemed like we had been friends forever!!! LOL

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

OH, I LOVE this!  Will you get to meet again this visit or was it just short and sweet?

Tiff....awesome.  I am thrilled for you both.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

It was great! Her kids are cuties, too.
The prob is she leaves for MD Anderson this  weekend and doesn't get back until I leave. Talking to my folks about today. Maybe I'll call her and pop over again. Bring a watermelon for her kids to get all messy!!! smile

KrisJ

I don't know how this works, but this is the link on facebook for the pic of me and Tiff.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

KrisJ

Bummer, it would not open. If you get a watermelon make sure it has lots of seeds so the kids can spit them all over!

Maybe I can get Tiffany to repost the link to her page. I know I had lots of blocks on mine so maybe that's why you can't see it?

KrisJ

Hey Kris,

It worked when I tried it! I love this pic.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.