1 (edited by Lainy Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:23:46)

Topic: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! You asked, we have obliged!

Many of you have wished for pictures and I have been wracking my brain (not an easy thing) how we could see pictures until Rick puts forward a new plan. Talked to Marion and she felt we could post one on our Avatar. Then went to Eli and he gave me instructions. As far as the picture I cheated as it is 18 years old and from our wedding. But I like this one. Will update later. So, family, lets see some pictures.

Go to Paint and open desired picture.
Resize if need be as they must be 60 X 60 no larger.
Set vertical to 60 and it will be tiny. Save  in new file.
I use JPEG
Go to Profile and to Avatar (not the movie) and click Browse.
There it is!   Thanks Marion and Eli!    Eli, if I wrote anything wrong please correct!

To view a picture go to Member's profile and then to Avatar.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Hear Ye! Hear Ye! You asked, we have obliged!

Tried all that with the pic I wanted to use and it went wrong somehow. Put the pic I wanted to use into Paint, resized it to the size of 60 x 60. It looked tiny with nothing in it as it was so small. Saved it then tried to upload it here. It comes out as the tiny looking pic with nothing in it really and the original photo is now just the new looking pic with nothing in it andf not the pic I wanted to use!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Oh my. Did you see mine? Perhaps just try to do it without the paint? Make a pic smaller then Browse it to the Avatar? That is what I ended up doing. The picture will nto be real clear as it is small but there should be a picture at least.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Problem solved Momma! I just went to my FB page and downloaded it again to my hard drive, the original pic that is!!! However.....I saw some other pics on my FB page that others had put there so now I'm confused as to what pic I shoul put up here......LOL!!! I'll get there eventually!!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Yayyyyy, it works!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! Yep, thats my ugly mug!!!!! LOL!

Was gonna use one of me on the waltzers last year but I may change it at a later date!!!!

Who's gonna go next???

YEA!  You are a movie star! But I already knew that!

Woot Woot!!!!! After trying about 50 times I finally got it!!! Love it! Thanks Lainy. I hope everyone does this. Love your pics Lainy and Gavin.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Well done, everyone!

Thanks to you, Eli. and I would say we have a bunch of celebrities on here.  I assume we can only post one pic at a time? So, I will age myself later!

10 (edited by eli Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:09:20)

One pic at a time in the Avatar. If you have more pictures to share, put them on a 3rd party web site, such as Facebook, Flickr, Picasa or Google+. Then post the links here.

Make sure to post the "public link" to your FB album, as explained here:
http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=124590517619792

Regular links to the albums won't work for those of us who are not on FB. You may also need to adjust the privacy settings of FB albums/photos you want to share.

Why thank you Momma Lainy! And thanks also to Pamela and Eli for putting your pics up as well. I love seeing everyones pics!

I posted a thread here a few years ago that has all the links to my photo albums on Facebook and they can be seen by everyone whether they are on FB or not. I used the public link that Eli mentions so everyone can see them. Here's the link to the thread in case anyone wants to view them, but there are quite a few pics!! And some good ones too of my dad which I love!

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=5092

Time I updated my avatar, I think. This is a great idea; it's great to see all your lovely faces. I'll try and find one where I don't look quite so serious smile

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Go Julia!!! Lets see that new pic!!! smile

Are you there?  Wanted to re post this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Love to see your friendly face in your profile!

Still trying, must be user error...Pam please come over and help me !
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider