Re: New to the site

Hi Wilma, how is your husband doing? What are they doing for him now? Good to see you again, and I think you are much stronger than you gave yourself credit for.
                                           I asked for wisdom.
                              God gave me problems to solve.
                                        I asked for prosperity.
                         God gave me brawn and brain to work.
                                         I asked for courage.
                           God gave me dangers to overcome.
                                         I asked for patience.
            God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
                                         I asked for love.
                     God gave me troubled people to help.
                                         I asked for favors.
                               God gave me opportunities.
                               I received nothing I wanted.
                             I received everything I needed.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: New to the site

Dear Wilma,
  My 72 year old mom was diagnosed last year and she will complete 6 months of chemo in the next 2 weeks.  I understand what you're going through as do all of the wonderful men and women on this site.  No one else knows more than these great people here.
  Realistically, it is not going to be easy. My mom has been admitted to the hospital four times  in the last 4 months for issues related to CC.  She now has a blood clot in the portal vein, currently on coumadin.  She also has GI bleeds due to the pressure caused by the clot.  It seems one thing causes another problem... There are days that I want to just want to scream...
   I can't imagine what my mom is going through.  The best that I can do is to love her, be there for her, spend time with her.  I really am trying to stay strong for her.  Sometimes it's hard, but you have to.
   I am a nurse too and this gives you a different perspective on what our patients and the family members go through and I do believe I am a better nurse because of it. 
   I know you hear it all of the time... 'stay strong', we're praying for you, etc...'
   I have learned that prayer is something powerful and staying strong will get you through tough times like this. I think it's hard for our loved ones to see us crying and falling apart.  When my mom sees me crying,  she loses hope. And hope and faith is soooo important to battle thru the treatments for this damn cancer.

Anna