1 (edited by tiff1496 Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:28:48)

Topic: Awesome news!!! Update 8-24

Update 8-24
I had 4 different heart test today. I LOVE the Methodist hospital here in Houston. They treat patients with so much respect!! I think everything looked ok from what the people doing the tests said.
Tomorrow is chemo #21 @ md Anderson!

So we met with dr. Javle today to talk about my scans!!

Wow y'all!!

Here is some of the impression-
The previously seen numerous foci of increased FDG avidity within the liver on the pet of 5/21/2012 appeared to have resolved or markedly decreased.
Overall, findings would suggest improvement of disease

No nodal hhermetabolism is seen within the abdomen or pelvis.
Adrenal glands are unremarkable.

Here is what I don't understand--- again seen is a previously noted level II lymph node is 1.1 x 0.8 cm, previously 1.5 x 0.8 cm. FDG avidity that previously mapped directly to this node has been previously SUV maximum 2.3 is not definitely seen today. Overall, by morphological criteria, this lesion appears to have probably slightly decreased in size.

Now for the great news!!! Dr. Javle has sent my scans to a transplant team here in Houston!! We will meet with them tomorrow to see if I can start to process to get put on the list! Wow! I never thought we would get this far. I feel so blessed, and giving all the glory to God!

About the Y90, he said its just not worth it. Too many people have bad side effects, and it might not even work. So it's a no go! And I'm ok with that!

So what is everyone's thoughts on all this?!?!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Awesome news!!! Update 8-24

Thoughts!? There is only one thought...you go girl!!!! I had a feeling! oH. THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS! sweeeeeeeet!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I'm soooooo excited!!!!

I don't even have words for the feeling I had today.
But my heart still hurts for those that didn't get good news. :-(
Plus my sweet Liza blue died last week to FHC liver cancer. She was only 25.

Tiff, I am so very sorry about your Liza blue. I can tell how excited you are and it is late where you are but I guess I can't blame you if you can't sleep. I am just sitting here as there is nothing on TV and I keep watching here for more good news!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Great news!!  I hope it all works out!  Keep us posted.

-Susie

Nope can't sleep! I don't want this day of good news to end! LOL

It is so hard to be happy though when so many are hurting.

Tiff.. Congratulations - what a wonderful day this has been.  With this much good news to digest I can understand that sleep does not come easy for you. 

My heart goes out to Liza's family.  She was so very young.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Tiffany, this is great news! I hope with all my heart you get the green light from the transplant team. Please keep us posted.

Tiffany, soooooo happy for you!! You give hope to the rest of us also!!! You enjoy these good things happening to you, and I'm sure it's doing good for the rest of us as well!!!! Bless you!
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

This is great news Tiff!!!! My fingers are crossed for more good news for you tomorrow with the transplant team!! Loads of positive thoughts coming your way!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Tiff: Like I told you on Saturday, you got great news!! And I am jealous!!! But so so so so happy for you!! You have to post the good news so we all can have some hope.
Love you LOTS and can't wait for the next bit of news.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

So happy for you Tiff!!  That is great news.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Talked to the transplant team today! They were awesome, and really think I will do well with a transplant.
I will start all the pre testing over the next few days (heart, lungs, ect)
I do miss my babies so much. :-( I hate being away from them, but I'm doing this FOR them.

MD ANDERSON AND DR. JAVLE FOR THE WIN! I really don't believe i would of got this far without them.

Tiffany, what a great update!!! Best of luck with the tests. Keep the good news coming!

Hugs,
Eli

Tiff, I am so happy for you! I just know you are going to do great.  WOW! This is sooooo exciting.

Tiffany,
Absolutely fantastic news!!! So glad we could meet up on Monday. I hope the next few days go great for you and they get you on that list!!! I will be in Huntsville the Tuesday after labor day thru Thursday, maybe dinner Wednesday night??? Look forward to seeing you and Brian again! Nothing but positive vibes coming your way!!!

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Tiffany....Absolutely wonderful news.....my thoughts and prayers are with you...this gives everyone hope!
Nancy

You go girl! Love reading all this good news. Can't wait to read your name on that list! Sending tons of hugs to you and the family. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Thanks nancy!