Topic: For us single people

Hi:
I just wanted to post this. It's early days yet, but for the past bunch of months I've been wondering how on earth you break this kinda news to someone when you're trying to date.
Well, I pray every night for many many many people. I also ask God to get me through the radiation and please to let it work. I also thank him for keeping me mostly healthy. A couple of weeks ago I asked him to please put someone in my life who would support me for as long as whatever it becomes lasts.
Sunday I met someone at karaoke. I told him the 1 hour version and he's still around. I don't know where it will lead, but it's been so nice to have someone just hold my hand and put his arm around me and give me a hug when we talk about the "C" word.
I don't want to jinx things, either, but for anyone else out there that's wondering, there are people that might not turn and run!
Oh, and now I thank God for putting Tom in my life. Like I said, I don't know where it will lead, but it's definitely been nice. Poor guy needs to change his phone plan, tho!!!! We've used up all his minutes in 1 week... hehehe

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: For us single people

Oh, Kris, I am so happy for you! He didn't run, so I wouldn't worry about it just enjoy! I go to Karaoke with some gal friends and the only thing I have held is the Microphone! I believe in being open up front and you did, now talk about other things. You are something else, girl, more power to you! Yes, it's better than an early Christmas gift!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh thats nice to read**......enjoy                  Janet

Warms my heart Kris....so happy for you.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Kris,

I am so happy for you. You, of all people, deserve some happiness in your life. I hope everything works out for you and Tom. My prayers for you seem to be working!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Happy for you Kris!! enjoy the journey.
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Kris, so happy for you !!

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thanks everyone, Taking it slow. Can't go fast while on radiation anyway... we've been having a blast singing karaoke. I've even given up some poker for karaoke!!! smile   We had dinner last night: no loud music to try to talk over. It was nice with some good conversation.
He's got me singing new songs and now we are checking out duets. He has his own karaoke stuff... he sings. And he says "I'll do" for a singing partner! big_smile
I tried a couple of new songs (most of them are at this point) and he said one is a keeper. The other he said I did okay, which means don't do it again if I translated it correctly....I think he's a little biased so he was being nice.
In 4 weeks of karaoke I've had fun. One of my fears conquered! And I'll get up and sing if I THINK I can do the song!!!
Hugs to all.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Oh Kris,

How wonderful for you.  Glad it worked out the way it did.  Enjoy!  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

10 (edited by Gavin Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:48:34)

Well chuffed for ya Kris! Giving up some poker for karaoke as well......oh my..... smile  Be happy!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kris....seems that the stars a lining up for you.  Have a blast.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kim- you put the "fun" in cancer. It is always good to read your post, there is always a chuckle!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Well, it's been over a month and things are going great! Just thought I'd tell my cc family!
We decided to be an exclusive couple and things are going wonderfully. He's a great guy. Even had to hold me once when I got all freaked out. I try not to do that especially in front of people, but it snuck up on me and he was okay with it.
I just spent 9 days at Mom & Dad's in Alabama and had a wonderful time. Very quiet, which I'm not used to anymore. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I think most of you understand the need to keep busy so your mind can't start thinking about "stuff". That's when I start freaking out...
Anyway, I came back from my great visit with my parents. So nice to see them and to relieve some of their worries about how I'm feeling.
Got home Thurs. night and have spent as much time as possible with Tom. We are both exhausted. Poor guy has to work. I joke that one of us does, so I can keep getting that disability!! smile
Just wanted you all to know. You are like another family: but one that understands the rocky roads we all face and the fears we all have.

KrisJ

Oh, Kris, I am so very happy for you! You go girl! Looks like you found the perfect RX. Does he have a Father looking to relocate in Phoenix! LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for you. You deserve so much happiness and I am glad you found it. You sound like you are having so much fun and really living your life. One of my prayers for you has been answered! Now, if you can just get that darn surgery, or even better, all your tumors disappear. Take care.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam: I find that out on Tues. next week. Actually, I have the CT scan Tues. and meet with Dr. K. on Wed. THEN I hear the words surgery again!!! That's my prayer!! Better yet, I would love to hear "eradicated" but I think that's a little too much to hope for.

KrisJ

Kris...I am so thrilled for you.  Fingers are crossed for next week.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,
So happy for you!! Good luck next week...sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.