1 (edited by Pamela Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:47:07)

Topic: Scan time again.

Yep. It is scan time again. Lauren has a CT scan tomorrow at U of M. It is at 5:30pm. Yes, for those of you that remember, last time we thought her MRI was at 9:30am and it was 9:30pm!! So I double and triple checked this time. We have a good feeling this time that things will look better. Last scan was not good. Lauren said her liver pain is gone since she started on this new chemo, so hopefully that is a good sign. Her back is feeling a lot better too. She has been more tired, but I really think it is from the Xeloda. She went to the Browns game yesterday and had to walk about two miles to the stadium from where they parked and then all the way back. She sure is a tough nut. She is exhausted today but got up and we went to breakfast with friends. Her poor feet are sore from the Xeloda, but walking that far in sandals really did her in. Please cross your fingers and say a prayer that this chemo is doing it's thing. Thanks and much love to all of you.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Scan time again.

Pam....four miles in sandals is not a small undertaking. Lauren is such a trooper!  Most of all though I am thrilled to hear that she is not bothered by pain in her liver area.
Of course, everything is crossed for tomorrows scan results. 
Tidal waves of good wishes are heading Lauren's way; can't wait to hear of the subsequent good news.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lots of prayers, Pam.  I really hope you get great results.

-Susie

I will pray for a wonderful scan for your daughter!

Joanna

Pam, I have everything crossed for tomorrow, even my eyes! OMG! Lauren makes me so ashamed of myself, it's enough for me to walk from one chair to another! Sending you prayers, good vibes and lots of great juju.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Pam,

My thoughts will be with you and Lauren tomorrow as Lauren gets her scan. And of course, my fingers will be crossed for the best possible results and tons and tons of positive thoughts are coming your way from me over here. She sure is a tough nut as you say, a real trooper!

Hugs to both of you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Pam, thinking of Lauren and your family tomorrow.  No pain sounds like you will get good news.  Saying little prayers for you tomorrow.  Stay strong!

Pam and Lauren,

I am so happy Lauren's pain has gone away and she looks fantastically healthy!
Praying for lots of shrinkage tomorrow.
Love you both,
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Praying for great scans and good news-Cathy

Pam and Lauren,

Sending tons of positive thoughts and wishes your way. Fingers crossed for a great scan tomorrow.

Hugs,
Eli

Hi Pam, So glad Lauren is feeling so much better! She is a tough nut like her mom! Sending tons of postive thoughts her way as always! Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Please keep us posted!  And as always, I am praying for good news!
Have a safe trip!

Cindy

Praying Pam.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

I will be thinking of you both tomorrow and sending good thoughts.  Sounds like it should be a good one.

*hugs*
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.