Topic: News: Cancers due to 9/11 attack

World Trade Center Health Program Will Care for Ground Zero Cancer Victims

it includes:

Malignant neoplasm of the liver and intrahepatic bile duct

Malignant neoplasms of the retroperitoneum and peritoneum, omentum, and mesentery 6

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: News: Cancers due to 9/11 attack

I just saw this on the Internet! Seems so unfair that the NYPD among others have to fight for their life twice! This country is full of Brave Heros and many of them are right here on this Board!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Agree, Lainy.  It also means that a higher rate of occurrence of intrahepatic bile duct cancer is related to the aftereffects of 9/11.  This includes all people. I am wondering whether this will lead to accelerated research into the cause of the high rate of occurrence. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, we can only hope! This is a Monster that has to be stopped! Like I have said before from our mouths to Gods ears!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

For those diagnosed with this disease related to 9/11 please make sure to contact the World Trade Health Center.  http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/wtc/html/re … stry.shtml

Hugs,
Marion

Can I put details of this over on the FB page Marion?

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

A bittersweet victory.

I'd like to share this, too. Is that okay??

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/zad … -1.1156091

I attached the link from the paper with a list of all the cancers that are now covered.

Laurie

Of course, Lalupes. I don't see any reason why links retrieved by us (the internet) cannot be duplicated by anyone.  In fact, as a designated National Patient Advocates it is my responsibility to share information with the patient community.  I have some restrictions placed on me however; most concern the NCI North American Hepatobiliary Task Force activities.   
Hugs,
Marion

Thanks, Marion. I feel this is so important in the cc fight. XX

Thanks, Peony. That's a really useful link smile

Laurie....thanks much; I think of you often.   Have Dan's reimbursements increased? How is he feeling and how are you holding up? 

Hugs,
Marion

Hi Marion.  It's been a difficult few days. One of the hospice nurses suggested we switch to methadone.  They have seen great success with the drug so we agreed to give it a try since dans pain has been increasing expoentially.  However it's been a tough transition and this is the first time I've seen him in such excruciating pain.  Hospice has been great in responding and addressing each issue.

I have good days and bad days but am doing my best to keep it together. 

As far as the reimbursement for meds, we've been lucky that insurance is picking up almost everything.  The zadroga act inclusion of cancer will allow us to initiate a claim to the 2.7 billion dollars allotted to the vast amount of people affected by 9/11.   

Thanks for asking after us.  All my best to you Marion.     

Laurie

Laurie.....our JeffG had been switched to Methadone.  I believe it is possible to add additional drugs for pain control something the hospice nurse must be aware of.  May Dan find relieve from the pain asap.
Hugs to you, Laurie.  My heart is with you.  Know that we are here for you.
Marion