Topic: Mum would have been 60 today

It would have been my mum's 60th birthday today, had she not lost her battle with this awful cancer in December. I haven't told any of my friends but thought I'd post it here. Before she got sick, when she was still in her mid-50s, I was fantasising about taking her on a trip to Paris for the occasion...

I've been reading all the stories of those who lost their mothers with tears in my eyes today.

My love to all.

Maria

Re: Mum would have been 60 today

Maria....thanks for sharing your Mom's special day with us.  A warm hug is heading your way.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Maria, we can still wish mum A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. And someday you can still fulfil your fantasy of Paris as Mum will be right with you!

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.                   By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Dear Maria;

I am so sorry about your Mom.  My Mom passed in Feb. this year and I will never get over it.  The doctor's use to tell my Mom she was healthy.  She was until 6 months before she passed.  I had wonderful times with her.  She loved to dance.  Your Mom was so young.  I am sorry you didn't get to go on the trip with her, but the fact that you were thinking of taking her tells us what a wonderful person you are.