Topic: It was a good day today!

We got the great news today that Lauren's tumors have all shrunk. She recently started on Oxaliplatin and Xeloda after her last scan showed a new tumor and progression of disease. Her doctor was very happy and so are we. He lowered her Xeloda to 3000mg. compared to 3500mg. because her feet were turning really red on the bottom and getting sore toward the end of each two week cycle. They started giving her magnesium and calcium in IV's today to help with the effects of the chemos. Lauren wanted huge shrinkage and was not happy at first with the news, but when she saw how happy her doctor was, she came around. The rest of us were thrilled for any shrinkage at all!! Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes. We all feel better about things.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: It was a good day today!

That's great, Pam.  Shrinkage is great!  Sorry Lauren was disappointed, but am glad she is happy now.
I'm sorry to hear her feet are bothering her.  My Xeloda kit came with udder lotion.  I'm not sure if that is the best lotion out there.  Hopefully, the lower dose will give her some relief.
So glad to hear the good news and so glad you got results quickly.
I never mind getting the scan, but it's the night after the scan and before the results that makes me crazy.

Be well!

Susie

I am doing well.  I think of you and Lauren all the time.

Oh, Pam and Lauren this is the absolute greatest news. Lauren you are shrinking but never the shrinking violet! YIPPEE! Good work! Now I can go to sleep happy!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Terrific news! May the happiness continue...
Nancy

oh! thank goodness!!!  i've been holding my breath just waiting.  that is wonderful news.  hugs and kisses to you both!!!

betsy

That's wonderful news, Pam. I'm so happy big_smile

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Our prayers worked! I'm so happy!!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Pam....I couldn't agree more with what has been mentioned by the others.  I am thrilled to hear the positive news.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Pam, I'm so happy to hear the good news. Best wishes to you and Lauren.

Hi Pam,

Yay! Great news for you and Lauren, thanks for sharing it with us! Love hearing about shrinkage! Hope that the good news continues for Lauren and also that her feet improve as well.

Hugs to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So so happy to hear your news.  Congrats and here's to more shrinkage in the future!

*hugs*
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Terrific news ... so glad to hear !!
Keeping Lauren in my prayers .... go, shrinkage, go!!!

Lauren and Pam, I checked a bit earlier and want to see good news.  So happy I looked again and u r in the good news section!  So happy for u all!  A little celebration in order?  Maybe a nice dinner out?  Hope u have a great weekend!

Pam- are they talking surgery soon? Praying!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

I love this news........prayers are working

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Marion, Lainy, Gavin, Susie, Nancy, Tiff, Eli, Randi, Pam, and Lisa,

Thank you so much for all of your support. You sure know how to make two girls feel loved. We sure do appreciate it.

AttyGail- It is nice to hear from you and to know you care.

Betsy- One of these days we have to get together again! Thanks for the support and hope you are feeling good.

Julia- It is very nice to see you on here. I know it is hard for you, but thanks for the support.

Liz- With all you are going through and you find the time to congratulate Lauren speaks volumes. I am sending tons of prayers for you and dear Keith.

Tiff- No talk of surgery. She still has tumors on both sides. This is the amazing thing. Her large tumor started out at 17cm. It is now 9cm. Isn't that crazy! I just wish those little ones would scram!!

Thanks again all you wonderful peeps!! We love you!

-Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

WOW so happy for you both!!
Shrinkage is wonderful!! Doesn´t matter if it´s a little or a huge - it´s proof the tumors are dying!!!!!
Love to both of you!
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Love right back at you, Pam and Lauren and to everyone on this site and beyond.  As our sweet Kris would say:  Cancer is a word - not a sentence. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So glad to read this good news! Much love to you and Lauren. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

HI Pamela,
I am not on here as much any more. I was just thinking about Lauren for some reason. Imagine how pleased I am to log in and find good news!
Keep doing what you are doing!
Chrissy xx

Thanks so much Maria, Nancy, and Chrissy.

YES!!!!!  So happy to hear.  I've been thinking of you guys.  We traveled back to MI in August to spend time with family.  I went with my dad and mom to U of M for one of his chemo days.  He had an appointment with the doctor first that I sat in on but left in tears.  It was too real.  I needed to experience that though. 

Things are good now.  Dad is feeling well and has his 8th round of chemo in beginning of Oct.  Dr. F. is happy with the results thus far. His current doctor is leaving in 6 weeks so his new doctor will be Mark M. Zalupski.  Since our visit we have decided we are moving back home. 

It's great about Lauren.  She is such a strong lady. She has a wonderful mom too.  Stay strong.  We'll be praying.

Hi Formydad!!

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for your kind words. I am happy your Dad is doing well and how nice that you will be moving back to be near him. I am happy to hear your Dad's doctor will be Dr. Zalupski. That is Lauren's doctor! It took us awhile to warm up to him, probably because he had the difficult task of telling us things we really didn't want to hear. But, we absolutely adore him now and we can tell he cares so much for Lauren and is doing everything in his power to help her. I think sometimes he takes a deep breath before coming in to the exam room because he knows Lauren and I are going to bombard him with questions. Haha. He always takes the time and answers every one. I hope you all like him too. We go there every three weeks while Lauren is on this chemo and it is always Wed. afternoon. Hope to see you sometime. Take care and God bless all of you.

Love, -Pam