Topic: Survival...Please tell us your latest milestone

Hi everyone!  As suggested by Marion, I am starting a new thread to begin listing the milestones for our warriors in this battle with CC.

I will start.  My brother Bruce is just hitting his 3 year milestone since he was diagnosed.  He is still fighting the good fight (some ups & downs)...

Who's up next?

Love to all!

Patti

Re: Survival...Please tell us your latest milestone

I just celebrated two years of life. I currently have two tumors that have been radiated and waiting on a scan in October for results.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

i've been cancer free since my resection in January 2009. smile

4 (edited by kris00j Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:47:20)

I'm at 22 months and was waiting for some kind of surgery. My doc says I'm sick but I refuse to believe him. The surgeon just told me there will never be a resection, BUT...
I had stereotactic radiation and the cancer cells are barely more active than "normal" cells! It's the best thing I could have heard. They will wake up "one day" but I'm hoping for years!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

My daughter, Lauren just celebrated her one year on Aug. 29th. She is so brave and is fighting so hard to overcome this disease.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi-I am 3 years 3 months and 20 days cancer FREE!!! but who's counting!!
Thank you God, 2 strangers, and Dr. William Chapman for today.
Lots of prayers-Cathy

2 years, 9 months, 4 days, 10 hours since my Whipple 12/15/2009 and CC cancer free.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

30 months now, still healthy and strong, still shrinking tumors after 37 rounds of chemo.
Still cancer without disease.
//Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

As of Dec 18, I will be marking 16 years of being cancer free. It's not been without a few bumps - I'm still having some liver infection issues - but my life is so good most of the time that I can barely stand it. May God bless all of you with cause for hope...

bob

Ah, Bob....how did you know that we were awaiting your posting on this site? 
Many thanks and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

OMGOSH as I live and breathe, the other half of the Bob and Donna team! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you have been doing and I am most pleased to know you are doing well! Thank you so much for your update and give Donna  a hug for me! Keep up the good work!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

12 (edited by Kathy Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:23:56)

My dad is going on 21 months since diagnosis and doing GREAT!! He is taking a break from chemo right now. He goes back in November for another PET scan and they will go from there again.The ONLY symptoms he had has been from the chemo!! He has been working on finishing his 46 Ford Coupe!! I feel so BLESSED to have him doing so well and know that the prayers have been working. IN YOUR FACE CANCER!!!!!

1 year scan confirmed I'm still cancer free!! Surgery was 9/14/11 and everything is going great So far...

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (16) and Sydney (14)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

My husband Ron just went for his 5 year check-up and got a great report -- still cancer free.  We now will only be going for a yearly check-up for bloodwork.  His CA199 was 9.  When he was first diagnosed, his score was 1,200.  We truly feel blessed and are enjoying life to the fullest.

Hugs,
Nancy

Just got a good news scan today. Diagnosed July 2010, surgery Sept. 29,2010. Will have surgery Next week to repair an incisional hernia, but compared to two years ago and what it could be, I'll take the hernia!  I am definitely blessed and owe my present situation to Dr. Choti at Johns Hopkins. He is the best. And his nurse Eden is a close second! A great team!
Kathy

Kathy....fantastic news.  When we welcome a hernia operation it becomes apparant that life has changed.   Congratulations. Good luck on the hernia repair, but then we know already that you are in great hands with Dr. Chote. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kathy, sending you best wishes for a successful Hernia repair. A walk in the park comparitvely speaking! Do you have a date scheduled yet?

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy..yes.  October 16..overnight.  I was trying to convince myself I really didn't need it smile, but it's probably for the best!  Thanks so much for asking! 
There have been amazing stories on here....Lisa C., for one, what an amazing spirit!!

Kathy, there are a lot of amazing stories here and HOPE and Miracles and you are among them. My Teddy had  hernia repair (2 of them) before the CC and he just over nighted in the hospital. The most important thing is to not lift anything for a couple of weeks. Just a suggestion.....I had surgery 3 years ago upper intestine for another rare cancer. As they scooted me on to the surgery table the thought crossed my mind to ask for an epidural so that I would not have pain of any kind the first day after. It does not hurt to ask or to get the epidural. I am glad I did. I will be thinking of you on the 16th.

Kathy,
Good Luck with hernia surgery. I need a couple more clean scans before they will surgically repair mine which is also on the incisional line. Mine seems to get bigger and protrude more at night, they gave me a binder to wear but it is so unattractive under clothes I have avoided it.........will be praying for you on the 16th.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thanks Lisa and Lainy. It'll be good to get this behind. I just got tickets for us to go to see our son , his wife, and our three little grandchildren in Ireland for Christmas. I can't get enough of them!!! One of life's many blessings and I'm so grateful that I'm here to enjoy them.

WOW! Kathy....Gandchildren, Christmas and Ireland...put them all together and you ARE soooo Blessed!

Hello everybody,haven't posted here in a long time since I started advocating for the mother of our two kids (my ex-wife) was dx  2 1/2 years ago. gemzar/ cisplatin/tarceva for last 2 years.  I discontinued advocacy for her after 6 mo due to the fact she was finally getting treatment after being denied and dropped by her insurance company, also my very time consuming advocacy was putting a strain on my current marriage ! I actually separated from my current wife for a year, but won her heart back ! Lost 2 , won 2.
Then 2 months after life was good again, my current wife was dx with lung carcinoid (neuroendocrine cancer). She has mets to: lymph's, mediastinal, thyroid, pancreas, liver, pelvis, leg and arm bones, skull and most all the vertebrata in her spine! http://www.anncan.net

I am now also back to advocating for my ex-wife as well. http://wepay.com/godonnago
She (ex) has been doing great, her ca-19 is 30-40. Pets look good, no mets of  note.....however she has been battling infections for months now and is in the hospital while they scratch their heads trying to figure it out....
I'm thinking cholangitis and replace the stent that's over 2 years old ? Suggestions welcomed ?:/

And I have just have to say a big thank you to all of you for being here and helping . You make a difference, and today there are hundreds if not thousands who are alive because you took the time to care and share your knowledge and your compassion. For me personally, it gave me the tools to be an advocate and caregiver to two of the most wonderful women I have known. Their alive today because of all of you. And I (think) I have become a better person for it. Thank You! And God bless you. Gary

Dear Gary, Holy Moly! What a story, so happy to hear about former wife and how she is doing sad to hear about present wife. You certainy are a one of a kind Care Taker. A good one. I don't think I have ever heard of a stent lasting 2 years without being changed. Mmmmm let's see what others have to say. Have they check her for a blood infection? My husband used to get blood infections and they take a blood test that has to be cultured and that takes 4 -5 days. They usually started him on Levaquin in an IV and it helped almost right away. A blood infection usulaly gives them chills and fevers. I am sending prayers for both women and please do keep us updated, we truly care.

Hernia repair done!  3 nights rather than 1. Sometimes anesthesia can be a challenge to the older !  I'm glad to see that 80 was mentioned as "elderly " on one if the other threads so now I can feel young smile I only noticed the slower comeback from the anesthetic this time. Onward for all of us. We have good years ahead.