Topic: May I Intrude?

October 1st, marks my 3rd anniversary of being Cancer Free from another type of rare Cancer. I had a GIST (Gastro Intestional Stromal Tumor)  the size of a large grapefruit, removed along with about 12 inches of intestine.  Great ONC, great Surgeon and no sign of anything as of July. Like many of you I get Scans every 6 months and a yearly colonoscopy. This Cancer is also very rare, not much research done and if it returns, surgery is the only remedy, then a chemo pill which I did not have the 1st time. The surgery was 1 year before Teddy passed and I really didn't think about it much as I was so busy with him. I owe my strength and positive thinking  to Teddy and to this Board who have all helped me to be who I am today. But, still not sure what I want to be when I grow up! My heartfelt wish is that each of you could make the same post.....CANCER FREE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: May I Intrude?

Congratulations, Lainy!!
I'm so excited to wish you a happy birthday!! Yes, it was not cc, but it is still a cancer, so I don't think of it as an intrusion. Especially since you are a member of our family.
Huggs!!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Lainy....I agree with Kris.  To be free of any cancer is a cause for celebration.  I am thrilled for you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I am so happy you can post "cancer free"!  You are my idol.  You deal with things with such grace Lainy.

Here's to many many more posts from many many more people stating that they are cancer free.  And even more important, many posts of people saying how much they are enjoying life and making the most of their time.

Hugs
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Your post has made me very happy, Lainy big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations, Lainy!! Enjoy your anniversary!!! big_smile

Yay for Lainy!!!! We all get a turn to be your cheerleader for once!! You give so much to everyone on this site, it is nice to give some love back to you.  I am so happy you are cancer free.  I haven't grown up yet either, but when I do I want to be just like you!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Congrats Lainy, you at such a sweetheart and I know everyone here appreciates your input and kind words. I would love to take you out for cofee once I get back home and things settle down with my mother.

Hugs,
Harmeen

Lainy, so happy for you...congrats! You are such a blessing to all of us here and part of this wonderful family. Thank you for all your support...I wish you many more years of being cancer free.....yipppeeee
Hugs, Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Lainy , what great news.  I'm so happy for you.  You've been through so much and yet continue to provide support and strength to others .

You're awesome!!!!!!

Congratulations Lainy!!!! Well chuffed for you and now here's to the next 3 years as well!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Congratulations and best wishes for continued good health!

Willow

I want to thank you all for your caring and kindness. You are, simply put, just the best! It's no wonder I am so addicted to this Board!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

So happy to read this Lainy! How wonderful! You are an inspiration in many ways. Love and hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.