Topic: Shrinkage!!!!

So very happy to be posting in this section smile!!
Finally met my doc yesterday to get the results from my MRI done almost two weeks ago.
After 6 rounds of GemCis there was shrinkage, my big tumor had gone from 4,7 cm to 4,1 cm.
He told me he never saw someone like me as he'd been so sure this time there would be no shrinkage, but growth. This because of the growth after the embolization I did in April.
This proves my theories works though... After this last embo I was in such a pain and with high fever for a week, my liverenzyms were high as well. As I'm quite experienced with embos (my 6th) and never was this sick, I was so sure the chemo didn't stay in the tumor but damaged the healthy livertissue. They used smaller beads this time.

Both me and the doctor are quite sure though the shrinkage isn't only due to the GemCis but also the way I live and all the other things I do.

I can't express how happy and grateful I am!!! It would have been so strange with growing tumors when I feel this well!
So now this mini-vacation from chemo is over and I will give it another chance!

Love and hope to EVERYBODY <3

Ps I told my doctor I think he and I should run Stockholm marathon next June, and he simply did a high five smile He IS a runner, but never did a marathon. NOTHING is going to stop me from that!!!!!!!

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Re: Shrinkage!!!!

Way to go Maria!  so happy to hear this news.  Lifestyle does have an impact and you have an amazing attitude.  Yay!!

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Maria, you go girl! Gosh this is the greatest news. You give this Board so much hope and I am so wishing for only good news from you. Imgaine! Running a Marathon with your Doctor! That would be a picture worth a million words!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Great news Maria!!! And like you, I am very happy seeing you post in this section too!! Somehow I don't think your doctor will be able to say no to you about the marathon!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi,

One thing for sure, Maria, you are much tougher than me both mentally and physically.
the only thing I can say to you is that hopefully the cure can be here soon enough for all the patients on this board which including you and me; to relieve our suffering both mentally and physically and start a new life and put this cancer to rest.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, I would like to give a BIG AMEN to that last statement!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi,
Lainy, 3-5 years is the time frame we should know by then whether all those talks about personalized genomics research on all types of cancer will turn out as they hope to be.

As Ed Kennedy said" the hope is here  and the dream will never die."
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, just imagine being able to come on this Board and just talk about anything but CC! Then we can really have our Convention! My peeps have a saying. "From our mouths to Gods ears!".

Maria: Wonderful news! I know you run, but every time you say you are running a marathon, I'm so impressed!! I can't imagine running around the block, and I am "healthy"!! At least on the outside...
Percy: from your lips!! I hope we can have "uncancerlike" discussions soon. Wouldn't that be great?
I figure the longer I stay alive the better my chances of having those discussions...

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi, Kris,

I think we should aim higher, and I know you and Lainy and Marion and others will agree to.
Let's have a cruise ship sails around the world or at least stops at a few ports of calls ,pick up everyone, caregivers and patients,and have a  crazy and wonderful time for a week or two, and may be having some discussion contests on board of the ship like " How  I survive thru this ugly cancer " and once and for all eliminate the word " cholangiocarcinoma" from our memory . I really looking forward to that possibility. Won' you agree?
God bless.

WOW! Count me in!

Thank you guys smile
Percy, we're both very very tough wink

Yes sometimes I just get so tired of this cancerstory that I just decide to forget about it. Just live and never ever think about it again.

Gavin, he wasn't, hahaha, how could he deny this poor sick woman such a wish... He will regret it a couple of times during training I'm sure...

Thanks Kris, I'm impressed myself smile

I'm on for the cruise! Whenever!

//Henry Ford

I am ready?  When do we go?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Count me in on the cruise too, right up for that!!!

And Maria, yep, I can just imagine the regrets your doctor may have at some points during his training...... wink Get him to come on our cruise too, and he can run round the deck a few thousand times a day as part of his training, you could coach him there as well! smile

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Maria.....as you have said before:  you are outrunning this cancer and now you can add:  outrunning the doctor too.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So when I saw the title of this post I couldn't help but think of that episode of Seinfeld with George and "shrinkage".  Anyone else's mind go there?

Here shrinkage is a great thing, I am not sure George thought it was for him.

I am in 'onboard' for the cancer free cruise!!!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Maria
I'm so pleased with this good news.  You have the stamina for the fight against CC and you will surely win this race.

Gerry

Great news, Maria. You are amazing!!

Oh, and two more for the cruise please.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Yay Maria! Keep kicking butt!! I picture you outrunning everyone! Tough? Well not too many "well" people can do what you do, let alone cancer patients, but I know one thing all you patients out there are the toughest people I have ever known! You are definitely running for the cure and we will follow you as best we can! Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Hi Maria!
Glad to hear of your good news! Hearing your news gives us hope, so thank you so very much. May I ask what things have you incorporated to your lifestyle? Thanks again! smile

- Peggy

Thank you Peggy smile !

My lifestile includes
*Physical excersise, a lot and hard
*Yoga and reiki healing
*Food: Organic mostly vegetarian, no gluten, no lactose, no sugar
*Complementary medicin with a lot of diferent herbs
*A very positive attitude, keeping a "normal life" and not seeing myself as sick.

Maria

//Henry Ford

I'm in for the cruise.....can I please play the part of Julie from the Loveboat
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Lisa, I vote yes as you would be perfect. Boy does that bring back memories! I will offer my services to babysit at night so you young ones can go out and partee! And if you bring your tutu you can be part of the Show!~

That is GREAT news!!! Keep fighting and living your life!!!Looking forward to hearing about your next marathon!!!!