Topic: Had no answer for this one

Just received this e-mail from a friend:
Who tastes dog food when it has a 'new & improved' flavour?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Had no answer for this one

OMG, Marion!   How about ARF   ARF! Never heard of anything like this before! I thought only Royalty had food samplers. WOOF   WOOF!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

My husband has been known to eat Milk Bones dog biscuits. So gross. Haha.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, do the milk bones really help clean his teeth?   Ha Ha  Too funny! In my next life, I want to be a doggie in your house!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

5 (edited by randigb Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:57:34)

So here is something else to ponder...who first figured out how to eat a whole artichoke?  Why were they deterred by the prickers?  Were they incredibly hungry and had no choice?

Now I love me a good artichoke, but I do ponder this question every time I cook and eat one.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, I doubt they were incredibly hungry as there is not much to eat on an Artichoke. I love to dip them in garlic butter. I just told my daughter about Marions dog story and she said, "Mom, when I was little, I ate Shana's (Our Lhasa's name) chocolate treats". She said they were very good, I almost chucked. Bigger problem is I don't even remember buying doggie chocolate treats!!

Never eaten a raw oyster here.......but who first decided to eat an oyster? And not just eat one, but to eat it raw as well?????

As to the dogs judging whether or not their food really is new and improved, I'm guessing that they will wolf it down either way, improved or not! We've had Labradors here and they seem not to be in the least bit fussy about their food! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Funny.  Pam, so you you think that your husband participating in the dog food "testing" unit?

Randi...don't quite get the artichoke thing either. Where is the flavor?  And, is it really worth it to fight the prickles in order to dip it into something?

Gavin....got it with the Oysters.  I have to admit that molluscs are not on my list of favorite foods to eat. Are we the outcast?

Lainy, as always you know how to spread humor on this board. 

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I would hope Mark would draw the line at Milk Bones. I buy my dogs these dehyrated chicken breast snacks now and I think I am safe to say that he won't try those!

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I'm with you on the molluscs Marion, although cockles look interesting! But mussels and all that, hmmmm........ Shellfish I like, but ugly slimly looking things in a hard shell that don't resemble food I struggle with!

And who also thought about eating snails or sea urchins first as well? Alarm bells would be ringing with me for these foods!!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I wonder if the "new and improved flavour" helps dogs with their search performance?

If not, a good breakfast will according to this survey! lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/19869425

Oysters are scary to look at, but are quite tasty when cooked. I don't think I could eat raw ones. I never heard of eating sea urchins, but there is no way I would eat a snail. Those are sick. I think the only reason I eat oysters are because iI was introduced to them when I was a little girl and liked them back then. I probably would not have the courage to try them as an adult.

Supposedly Pam sea urchins are a "delicacy"......I've seen film of chefs eating them and they blether on about how good they are etc etc etc. Probably so that they can sell them and charge a fortune for them!! They looked horrible, just eat the insides of them which seemed to be orange so I'll pass on that thank you very much! smile

Oysters over here always seem to be eaten raw and never cooked. Eat raw with a dipping sauce. Again seeing people eat them, they don't seem to chew them or anything, just let them slide down their throats..... Again I'll pass! smile

Gavin, we have the same thought about Oysters. What is the thrill or the taste in just gulping one down??? Speaking of these things reminds me of Xmas Eve's with Teddy, as he always had a table full of Oysters, Clams, Calamari Marinara and Octopus salad. It amazed me how his Grandkids loved it all but I guess its what you were raised on. I had made recipe books for all of them.

I'm with you on the whole gulping down thing Lainy, seems strange to me! If you really like something, why not savour it for the taste instead of just swallowing it whole! The Calamari I would love and I'd probably like the octopus too although I've never had it and hope that it would be cooked! Seen them cooked on TV from programs in the Med and it looked nice.

Gavin, for Octopus salad. You cook the whole Octo. then let it cool. Dice, add diced Celery, onion and Italian seasonings, Balsalmic vinegar and olive oil. Walaa. Not for me though.

Thanks for that Momma! Now if I knew where to get one here in Scotland I'd give your recipe a whirl!

You can buy them frozen at any fish market....I think. Oh, for the Calamari Marinara. You make a marinara sauce. Add red wine. Here to you can buy the Calamari already cleaned and frozen also. Slice it in to 1 inch slices and rinse. Toss in to Marinara sauce. That's it! Guess it was Teddy's special touch that made it all so good to everyone.