Topic: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Felix!!!!!!! smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19943590

Just watched it all live, breathtaking to say the least!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally amazing!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Video of the jump here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19943132

Just imagine standing there before you jump, looking down at earth!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gosh, Gavin, I can't keep watching that as I get vertigo and it make me want to ____!
In a way I am glad he didn't break Joe's record for freefall. Let the old guy keep it for now. The other records are amazing enough!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

LOL Lainy! But I know what you mean. That was amazing seeing him standing there and looking down through space to earth, then he jumped!

Yep Joe keeps his record and well done to him! He did that sort of jump about 50 years ago I think but from a lower height, amazing still!!! I think that Felix had to open his chute earlier than planned as he was spinning loads then got it under control. I saw a program on it earlier today before he jumped and Joe is part of Felix's team. He was the guy that was talking to Felix over the radio when Felix was up in his pod before he jumped. Felix said that he only wanted Joe talking him through his safety checks etc as he was the only one that could understand and relate to what he was about to do!

Huge respect to both Joe and Felix for doing this. They said in the program I saw earlier that there was much scientific data to be collected from this one jump that would be used by NASA etc to help produce the next set of space suits that would be used in the future for space missions and astronauts etc. Good results all round I would say! smile

Gavin, I would call it a LEAP of FAITH~!

Ha! Indeed Lainy! And a leap into the unknown as well!

Wow, Gavin. Thanks for that.   Not sure it cured my fear of height, but has given me a perspective of humans in atmosphere, free fall (yikes) and how we Moms never stop worrying about our kids.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yes that was some height Marion! And I can only imagine what Felix's mum must have been going through as he jumped into the atmosphere, both pride and fear I'm guessing!

The pod that was used was designed to be used again after this jump. Sooo...... roll up! Who wants to try and do this jump for CC to help raise awareness? Certainly would beat all other awareness raising parachute jumps and our tree and logo would look good in space!

No pushing now to get to the front of the queue and no elbowing each other either in the stampede!! wink

Whoa!! Scares the beejeebers out of me. I do not know how people can do stuff like that!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.