Topic: It rained a bit here last night....

Thought I'd share some pics and a video of the effects of the rain we had last night around here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19925145

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19905357

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott … ss-1374209

Thankfully now it has stopped, for now!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: It rained a bit here last night....

Gavin, holy cow ! That is a lot of rain and damage. I have pictures of my husband on that bridge at St. Andrews...hope you and your house are ok.
Hugs, Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thanks Lisa. Yep we are okay here but it has started raining again now! Grrr.... And the Swilken Burn, never seen it like that before ever! They just had a tournament at St Andrews last week as well. Better last weekend than this weekend!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

WOW!

It's raining here right now but I must say you have Wisconsin beat.   Thanks for sharing those links.

We have had a dry summer and last year not much snow, so we do need the rain, but it poured all night and is supposed to rain like this all weekend.  Nothing as torrential as you are experiencing tho'.  Glad you are doing OK.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Darla,

Seems like your year has been similar to ours in the UK. Really dry winter followed by a dry spring and we had drought warnings in some parts of the UK. Then as soon as the media started talking about droughts, it started raining and rained pretty much all summer here!! All the summer rain did zero good for the gardens here, unless you like growing grass! And now the food crop has been hit hard for now so food prices are going up here, grrr.... Too much rain here and our prices go up and too much sun over your way and your prices go up, not good!

Hope you get the right amount of rain that you need! Leaves are falling off the trees here so winter is just around the corner, brrrrrr...........

Hugs,

Gavin

OK! OK! Stop being so selfish are you rain makers and send some to Phoenix!!! Last year we had a total of 8" of rain this year so far 3". How do you expect our rocks to get clean? See, our yards have rocks a few have grass.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy.... if I remember correctly Teddy used to tease you about cleaning the rocks.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Oh My, Girlfriend! You will NEVER have to worry about that memory of yours! Yes, I am crazy clean and he used to say for Birthdays and etc. that he was going to get me a 50 gallon  drum of Windex so I could go out and clean the rocks! I just woke up and thank you, it was nice to wake up to a memory of Teddy!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3" in a year, wow Lainy!!! We can get that in a few days here, even in summer! Sometimes in one day. No problems I guess with having to clean the rocks here. If you ain't getting enough rain Lainy then Teddy was right, bring on the Windex!

Could you come to my house with your barrel of windex? My two tiny dogs are ok, but the big one is always getting slobber marks all over my doors and windows! Oh, and by the way Gavin, that is some impressive rainfall. Hope you stay dry.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, I would love to come to your house, I LOVE big windows! What can I say? I am a nut!

Gavin,  Unfortunately as with you, winter is on it's way.  sad   I suppose we should just be glad this isn't snow.  smile   

Lainy, I think we got more than 3" in the past 2 days.  We did need it, but come on now.  Enough is enough!   As for you and your Windex you are welcome here, too.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

HaHA, Darla, I would happily come to you as well. Think I will have some business cards made up that say, "Have Windex, will travel"

Will try to Pam! It stopped raining here today but more is on the way this week. And for sure Darla, we'll both take the rain over the snow! smile

And Lainy, if you are going on tour with your windex then you have to go global and play a gig over here! smile

Gavin I would like nothing more than to stop and see you and Mum, have a cup o tea and blether!

We'd need a lot of tea as we'd have lots to blether about! Love to see you over here and you would always be most welcome indeed! smile