Topic: Never Too Old To have Surgery

hi, everyone,

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance … a3=E24A35F

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

2 (edited by marions Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:11:48)

Re: Never Too Old To have Surgery

Percy....the issue of aging population and treatment options had been addressed in one of the ASCO Advocacy training symposiums I had attended.
In contrast to the prior believe that age restrictions should be imposed, the emerging, overall consensus is for individual, clinical and psychological evaluation of the elderly patient.  Based on the findings, criteria for treatment options should equal those of the younger patient population.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi,Marion,

I totally agree on this statement;- "the emerging, overall consensus is for individual, clinical and psychological evaluation of the elderly patient."

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Thanks for posting this link Percy. This story was all over the UK media in the tv, papers etc when this report came out here last week.

I hope all is well with you Percy,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.