Topic: We got to meet Kris!!!

Hi Everyone,

Lauren, Lisa, Kris and myself got to meet for lunch today. It was so wonderful for all three of them to get together and swap stories , show scars, and just be part of a club nobody wants to belong to. We all had so much fun and I hope you all get the chance to meet a fellow CC.org person.
There is such a comraderie and you instantly feel that person is a great friend. We had a wonderful time meeting Kris in person for the first time. She is such an awesome person. We keep in touch with Lisa a lot and she has become such a great friend. Thanks CC.org for bringing people together! I put a pic on here but don't know if it will work. I will try again if it doesn't.

https://www.facebook.com/mobileprotecti … mp;theater

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: We got to meet Kris!!!

Aw, Pam I am so jelly (jealous) what fun! Yes, ther is nothing like meeting a member of the family. Couldn't open the pic, boo hoo! I am not surprised you loved Kris, we only have the best on this Board! I love your club, you need to come up with a name. Like the CC CLub. CC meaning conquer cholangio. LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy, You might be able to see it if you are logged in to Facebook. Not sure. If anyone can tell me a better way to do it, I will. I will post pictures on my blog too in a few days.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Pam,

That is great that you all managed to meet up today for lunch and I know that you would have all had a great time indeed! One day I too hope to meet up with many of you here! I just saw your pics on your FB and they were great!!!

I just followed the link you posted here and I couldn't see the pics, but I saw them on my FB news feed. Try this if you want to post your pics here for people who are not on FB or logged into FB. It worked for me and hope that it works for you too!

Hugs,m

Gavin

Try this if you want to share a photo album of yours on FB and see if it works.

Go into your photos page on your FB page and click on albums.

Click on the album that you want to share with others.

On that page, there is an Add Photos icon, an Edit Icon and an * with a down arrow beside the *.

Click on the down arrow and it should bring up a box with "share album" in it.

It should bring up a box with an http facebook link in it to the album that you want to share with us here. I just tried this and the link was highlighted. So hold down ctrl and c to copy the link then paste the link where you want to, here for example.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … d4e387b548

I tried this with some pics of my dad so we'll see if that works!

Hope that makes sense, and works!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

5 (edited by Darla Sat, 20 Oct 2012 19:51:51)

Oh Pam,

It sounds like you ladies had a great time.  I'm sure it was a wonderful feeling to be able to meet and share with each other.  No one who has never had to deal with this type of situation can understand or care as much as those who are or have been there.  I am so happy for all of you and hope there will be many more lunches in your future.  smile

I wasn't able to view the pictures either.  Or your's Gavin.  I am on Facebook, so don't know why, but it just says it's not available. 

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Sorry Darla. I couldn't see Gavin's either. Like I said before, check out my blog in a few days and pictures will be up. Here is the website in case you have never read it before.

www.loveandhopeforlauren.blogspot.com

The link I posted seems to be broken for some reason. Follow these steps and it should give you a link to post here so that non FB people will be able to view.

Go into your photos page on your FB page and click on albums.

Click on the album that you want to share with others.

On that page, there is an Add Photos icon, an Edit Icon and an * with a down arrow beside the *.

Click on the down arrow and it should bring up a box with "share album" in it.

It should bring up a box with an http facebook link in it to the album that you want to share with us here. I just tried this and the link was highlighted. So hold down ctrl and c to copy the link then paste the link where you want to.

Just tried these steps again and it gives me this link -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … d4e387b548

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

That link works for me.

Pam,   Thanks for the reminder.  I have been on the blog from time to time but had not been there for a while.  Enjoyed looking at the pictures.  Lauren looks so happy and healthy it's hard to realize that she has CC.    And she is always smiling.   She is so beautiful and yes she hasn't changed much since she was 18.  smile

Gavin,   This link worked for me too.  Was fun seeing those pictures of your dad again.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

We had a great time at lunch, loved meeting Kris, she is so funny. As always love seeing Pam and Lauren, all three of these ladies are wonderful.

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

I had a great time too. So glad to finally meet you!
And I think we are the "Cancer Crushing Chicks"!!! big_smile
What do you think??

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Thanks Gavin. I already posted them on my blog, but next time I want to post a pic on here I will try this. Thanks so much!

-Pam

Hey, Kris, I love that name. The Cancer Crushing Chicks! Sounds kind of like a Wrestling Match! Hope you are doing well.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Whoa! Wouldn't mess with these chicks, they'd kick anyones butt! smile

While in Philadelphia I had met Kris and Karen; both share a passion of motor cycle riding.  It really was fun listening to their stories.  When we meet in person those we communicate with via this forum, it always turns out to be one of the more memorable moments of our life. I am thrilled for you all. Can't wait to see the picture.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER