I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.                   By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: HAPPY 80th TEDDY October 27th

Oh Lainy, I just love the poems you post. I just wanted to wish Teddy a very Happy Birthday in heaven. I am sure he is up there having a grand time, but I'm sure he misses you and is always looking out for you. Hey Teddy, if you can hear me, Please come and visit Lainey. I know she would love to hear from you. Love and hugs to you, Lainy.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, too wierd. I heard from Teddy so much through the oldies station but had not heard any of our songs since August 20th on my Grandson's BDay. My son just spent 5 days with Robin and me and on Tuesday he made dinner at her place. I get in the car and "Theme from the Godfather" came on, one of his songs and on Wednesday I took the family to our favorite little Italian restaurant that Teddy loved. BTW we now call it 'our sacred restaurant' get in the car, turn on the oldies and our song came on, "When I Fall in Love". Oh, yeah, baby, I so believe!  This is the second Birthday since he passed and fortunately it is easier than the first.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Happy Birthday Teddy.  You were the first person to give me hope when I heard your story. 

Hugs to you Lainy!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Oh, Randi, how sweet! Thank you! I never knew that.

Happy Birthday to Teddy! Thanks for sharing the poem with us Lainy, I love it.

Big hug for you on T's birthday!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Happy Birthday Teddy....Im sure you know this,you have an Angel for a wife,i never met her,maybe some day tho,but i have talked to her on the phone,she is my Angel,thank you for leading her my way...

Gavin, you never knew this but you called him T. Many people called him T. You woke up a new memory...thank you.

Thanks, Lynn, not sure I'm an angel but when 2 people click, they just click. My Bucket List includes meeting up with so many of you! Some day I would love to see a mini CC convention. Give George a hug!

Happy BIIIIIRRTHHHDAAAY, Teddy - and big, big hugs to you, Lainy xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

11 (edited by Lainy Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:57:02)

Thanks, Julia, GOOD TO SEE you and welcome to the party!

I hope it was a good memory Lainy!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Oh, yeah, Gavin. Teddy had many names:  Ted, Teddy, Sal, T.T., Teeter, Teddy Bear, Dad, Grandpa, Papa, Sudano (Sicilian for Uncle) Salvator, Sardi (that is my license plate now)  had enough????

A man of many names, I like that! Sal, I really like that one. It sounds good! And Sardi, so if I turn up in Phoenix I know what car to look for now to see you! We do that here in Scotland as well a lot, call people by various names and nicknames. And if the name sticks then it can go on for years and years.

Happy Birthday Teddy!

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider