Topic: Avatar Pictures

Hi All you beautiful peeps! I am so excited as I just realized how to "post" my Avatar Pic so it comes up in the Posts. Geez, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. This is exciting, now I can see all of you. I am trying to change it though to a recent photo and nothing seems to take, tells me they are all too big. This was our wedding pic 17 years ago. I had already had seen beautiful Lauren and handsome Gavin and Randi you are just adorable! Now I know that CC not only picks the smartest people it picks the best looking. I think I just found a cure. Everyone get ugly and dumb!!!  LOL

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Avatar Pictures

Hahaha Lainy!  You crack me up!

It said mine pic was too big too and I tried not to take offense that it was telling me that I had a huge head!!  It seemed to have posted it anyway for some reason.  Not sure why though.

Good luck, hope the technology gods are with you!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

You do sound excited Lainy!! But it was you that told us all how to get posting our avatar pics in this thread here -

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … hp?id=8727

Hope you manage to get your new pic up and am looking forward to seeing it!

And yeah Randi has added a pic too! Looking good there Randi!! Hope that you are all prepared for that storm that is headed your way? Stay safe!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks Gavin but its not working, keeps telling me it is too big. I brought it under 60 which is the MAX.
Went to Paint
Resized to 50 X 50
Verticle 50

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hmmm, I'll have a think about this and try and remember how I got it to work for me and get back to you if I can come up with anything.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks, not the preds this time!! LOL

LOL! These damm Preds have much to answer for though!!!

Try this Lainy. In Paint, resize by pixels. Set the horizontal 60 and vertical 45.

As for the skew (degrees) Set both horizontal and vertical to zero.

Save and then try uploading the new pic here and see if that works.

Think that that is what the setting I used to upload the pic of me here.

Fingers crossed!!!

Does not work. What ever the Vertical is the Horizontal wants to be. I am getting  frustrated have to leave the computer for awhile!

Hmmm, ok Lainy try this.

Move the computer onto the floor, put on a sturdy pair of boots if you have them. Then kick the computer as hard as you can right in the hard drive! If that doesn't work, then hit the computer as hard as you can with a hammer and see how that makes you feel. Better I hope! :-)

Or you could go tell the computer to go and sit in the corner, think about it's actions and come back when it is ready to work properly.....

Will try and come up with something sensible again tomorrow!

LOL, HAHAHAHAH,  You made me crack up

LOL! Hate when the 'puter misbehaves!!

Is there a way to remove the avatar you have associated with your profile and start from scratch?  Just an idea.  Good luck.

It's hard to get a straight answer about what they think will be hitting us from the storm. Sandy apparently is unpredictable.  From what I can tell so far, I think we will be getting lots of rain and some escalating winds.  That is always unpredictable since the trees still have some of their leaves and that may weight them down and then boom, they go and so go the power lines.  We have a gas fireplace that we can hopefully light manually and a gas stovetop, so we should be ok even if we lose power.  We also have a generator, but I am not sure we've ever used it.  I will leave that task up to my husband if it becomes necessary.

Good luck to you Lainy.  Can't wait to see the new picture!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, I had tried that and it didn't work. Maybe Teddy doesn't want me to change the picture! atton down your hatches and stay warm. Better yet hop a flight out here. Oh, wait, they cancelled flights already! Got a canoe?

Sure now you have no picture and I was getting used to you and Teddy watching over me!!

Just a thought but did you check the size of the file that was created in paint?  Go to the windows explorer and find the file and make sure it isn't larger than 10,240 bytes.

Good luck

Randi, I have it set at 38 X 50 Pixels and it says we can ue up to 60. Just will not take.

I can still see you and T Lainy so your pic is still there for us all to see!

And Randi, I think that when you upload a new avatar pic then the new one just shows in place of the old one. I was going to try and put a new one up, but knowing my luck I'd muck it up and be left with no pic!!

Been watching the storm on the news here and I hope that you stay safe and well Randi!

Hope you're nowhere near this crane Randi!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20130838

Ouch!

http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/Track … ne_Sandy_2

My avatar pic is dimensions 60 x 45 and size is 5.06kb if that helps anyone.

Gavin, I can get the Pixel size down but I can't get the KB under 22,000. I was trying to post a new pic of me. That wedding pic is 18 years old!

Hmmm. I just checked and tried something again, see if this works. I copied a pic of mine that was about 100kb into paint. Then did a resize by pixels down to 60 x 45. Then click save as - JPEG file.  That then saves the new pic to my hard drive on the pc and the size of the new pic is down to 6.99kb.

Try that and make sure that you do the save as so the new pic goes back on to your hard drive then upload the new pic from your hard drive here onto the site.

Fingers crossed that works for you!!!

Gavin,

I am really far from NYC in western NY.  In fact cities in 5 other states are closer to NYC then Rochester is smile

We are getting a lot of winds and I have my fingers crossed that the pine tree that I hate, comes down nicely in my driveway and blows into the field across the street big_smile

Lainy...hope I see a new avatar for you soon and it means that you are able to get this technology working for you!

-Randi-

Gavin & Randi, thanks but FAH GID ABOUD it (as T would say). I tried 5 times and I got the pic down but the lowest the KB would go was 116.  I did just as you said Gav. Copied pic to Paint...resized...saved as jpeg and saved it all.

Ok, thanks for that Randi. I too then will keep my fingers crossed for the downfall of the pine tree that you hate! May the wind blow it down nicely and blow it away into the field across from your street! smile

Lainy, arrrrghhhhhh!!!!!! Bangs head off my pc desk here!!! LOL!

Ok, try this then. Maybe you could downsize the 60 x 45 pixels to something less than that. Maybe 50 x 35 or 45 x 30. Something like that may work and get the kb size down. Dunno if that will work for sure, just thinking out loud here and maybe grasping at straws!!!

Please let it work!!!