Topic: East Coast Family

I know Internet may be down for some but can anyone give us a shout out as to how you are doing now that Sandy blew through?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: East Coast Family

We got some rain and high winds last night. Limbs down, but no real damage.  I feel very lucky, those winds were kinda scarey!

Gavin:  (cause I know you'll look at this thread!)The pine tree I was hoping that would disappear in the wind made it through.  Go figure.  Sometime I will post a picture of it.  It lists at a 35 degree angle, not the most attractive landscaping. sad

Hope all my down state NYers and east coasters made it thru the storm ok!

Thanx for checking in Lainy!
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanks Randi, sorry the Pine must be 'divine'. Perhaps the rain will loosen the base? If not you can decorate it for Chanukah/Christmas!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Glad to hear that you are well Randi! smile

Sorry to hear that the pine is well and still standing though! sad

Saw some of the footage on the news and the storm looked bad. Some crazy looking scenes right now in NY. Like Lainy says, maybe the sodden ground will be the pines downfall, fingers crossed! You should have sneaked out in the night and hacked it down and then blamed the wind!!! At that angle it probably wouldn't have taken much hacking to down the beast!

Hope that everyone else in the storm's path is okay as well.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Randi...why don't you "tap" the pine a bit - one never knows.  Glad that you are doing well.  I just heard from Dawn - our marketing director -she lives in Connecticut.  Projected poweroutage for 10 more days. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for letting us all know how Dawn is doing Marion, so glad to hear that she is okay. No power for 10 days or so, thats not good at all. I hope that Dawn and her family will be okay through that time. Thinking of them all right now.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I expect we may not know how everyone fared for a week or so due to the power issues.The scenes looked pretty scary on the news.I am hoping for mild temperatures if people will be without heating

Hi - Karen here.  I live in the pine barrens of NJ, about 25 miles inland from Long Beach Island.  Very blessed, never lost power, no trees down, no flooding.  Took a ride yesterday to a small coastal community and was saddened for the people that have so much to be cleaned up and fixed.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Thanks for checking in, Karen, sounds like you just missed the ravage. So, sad. I just heard on the car radio that here in Phoenix the Red Cross is standing by to be called. I am happy with our 'boring' weather here.  Glad you are safe and sound and again, thanks.

Glad to hear that you are well and okay Karen. Thanks for checking in with us all.

Karen...great to know that you are doing just fine.  Thanks for thinking of us.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I hope everyone is ok. We've been having a lot of steady rain here in Ohio. There have been some power outages in Cleveland which is north of us. It was trick or treat in our neighborhood tonight, but not many kids because it was too rainy and cold. Boooo!!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

North Carolina did well...a couple of branches in the yard...some rain.  The bad thing was the loss of the Bounty replica off the coast of Hatterus.  Most of the crew rescured after abandoning ship, one crew member dead and the captain is still missing I believe....

I'm so glad this hurricane decided to pass us by!

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Pam, thanks for checking in and so glad you didn't get hit as you had enough last time. I am wondering why the Bounty was out in the water instead of anchored at shore. I must have missed something. I thought there was  plenty of time to get to safety with all the warnings.

Pam....same here.  Thanks for letting us know that you are safe.
Hugs,
Marion

Hello,  I heard on the news that the captain mistakenly believed the ship would be safer at sea rather than battering against shore. Tragic miscalculation.  The whole thing is waaah more devastating than anyone expected and an eye opener at how fragile our infrastructure is.

Willow

OMGOSH, Willow, thanks for the info on the Bounty, indeed a gross miscalculation. And my heart is breaking for the Mother of the 2 boys found who were swept out of the Mother's arms. I am not a negative person but sometimes I just wonder why so many bad things are happening all over the world.

Lainy, 

Today I am feeling the same as you.  I found out yesterday that the 16 year old son of a lady who frequently stops in my shop was killed in a car accident.  He died almost on impact and his 14 year old brother who was with him survived without a scratch.  Gotta wonder why????  This is a large caring family who own a farm and also both hold regular jobs to support the family.  They have 11 children.  7 boys and 4 girls.  One of the girls has Downs syndrome.  Even with all that, they would do anything to help anyone in need.  Hold an annual  "breakfast on the farm" event and the entire family gets envloved.  That on top of the disaster out east has really got me bummed out.   I have tried to contact a few people out there and have not heard anything back.  Hope they are OK.   Hopefully we will soon hear from some others on this board. 

Everyone take care.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Oh, Darla, another tragedy! I am so sorry. What a giving family, and with so much on their own shoulders. Take care, yourself!

One bit of good news.  Just heard from Joyce Clegg.  She is in Endicott, NY.  Said they are all doing fine.  The storm just missed them although they did have some rain & high winds etc.  Glad they are all doing OK.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Oh my goodness, a voice from the past!  How wonderful! Thank you for the information, We really go far back with Joyce! Glad all is ok!

We got hit pretty hard in westchester county, 20 miles north of manhattan.  Although there was no damage to our house dozens of trees came down knocking out power in my neighborhood.  Lots of trees fell on houses. But luckily no one was hurt.  We've been without power since Monday. After 2 nights in a cold house we decided we had to leave.  Every hotel within 30 mile radius was booked.  My nephew generously agreed to give us his apartment which happens to have power and is staying with friends out of state. 
It's been very challenging with Dan.  We had to move the wheel chair, oxygen and all his meds.   He is also very distraught and stressed.  I'm not sure if it's the weather or if it because we're not in our home but his emotions are running very high and I'm wondering I'f maybe because the disease is progressing and he closer to the end....  Last night he woke up and asked me about my house and  I told him its our house and he couldn't remember it and got pretty upset.  I finally walked him thru the layout of our home and he remembered after awhile.  Could it be the meds?  I've never seen him this confused.   Today he is better but still very emotional.   We also found out today that rash on his knees , elbows and wrists is MRSA.  He freaked out because he thought it was the flesh eating bacteria and he didn't want to die this way.  He wants to die peacefully.  Oh God ,   This has been the worst week since diagnosis.   My poor Dan .  We just want to go home!!!!   
Wow, this is the longest postnive ever written.  Have a peaceful night.

Laurie

Oh, Laurie, I am so glad you are safe and at least warm now. Don't even worry about how long or short a post is. What Meds is Dan on now? His confusion could be the MEDS but I would let the ONC know anyway aslo about the rash. When you think he is nearing the end or have questions about that please feel free to email or call me. Do you have any idea when you may be able to go back home? BE STRONG.

Laurie, I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry for all you and Dan are going through. Love and hugs to both of you.

Darla, I am sorry to hear about the young boy. How sad. Sending love and hugs to you too. You are so kind and caring.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Laurie,

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.  I feel badly for you having to go through this on top of everything else but glad that you are in a safe place and doing OK for the moment.  Know that we are all thinking about you and hoping you can get back home soon.

Pam,  Thanks.  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"