Topic: Genetic Research in Cancer

Hi, everyone,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/ … GQ20121101

In short, more personalized and targeted new  treatment plans and better tolerated regimens.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Genetic Research in Cancer

Thanks for this Percy.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank you for sharing this article.  I believe personalized medicine is very promising, particularly when dealing with a disease as diverse as cholangiocarcinoma.  Samples from my husband's tumor are currently being tested by Foundation Medicine in Cambridge MA in the hope that they can identify some additional treatment approaches.

Thanks Percy. A piece of my tumor was analyzed for different mutations which will be used in moving forward.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider