Topic: Sometimes when things go wrong.....

It can make for a spectacular sight!!!

Saturday was Guy Fawkes night here in the UK, and as usual it was celebrated with bonfires and fireworks across the UK. But, in Oban on the West Coast of Scotland their 20 minute display lasted a tad shorter this year....50 seconds only as a glitch meant that all the fireworks went off pretty much at once!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g … t-15616697

Still, it looked like a pretty good 50 seconds to me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-15611160

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Sometimes when things go wrong.....

That's hilarious!  Imagine being the one whose job it was to set the timers.  Utter panic.
I once went to a firework display in Monaco to celebrate the american winners of an international firework competition - it was like that for about an hour!

Brilliant, Gavin - thank you!! big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks Gavin....I take the 50 seconds anytime.  is a nice break from work.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks for posting that Gavin.  I was listening to Mozart's Requiem while watching those fireworks, and I still have goosebumps!  I liked the 50 sec. show.
Diane

Gavin, I loved it!!  That was a great 50 seconds!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I thought you would all like it, it brought a smile and laugh to my face! A great but expensive 50 seconds, and I hope that all the spectators had time to get their camera's ready!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

8 (edited by tiapatty Thu, 10 Nov 2011 00:59:03)

Gavin,

That was spectacular! For Independence Day on July 4th here we have fireworks and my mom lived a few blocks from a country club that puts on a pretty good show. There is a grocery store across the street from the country club and they would let people park (and party!) in their lot and bring lawn chairs to watch the club's fireworks show and we would go every year with my mom and buy ice cream from the store and she had such a good time. The store (my mom's favorite) closed so now we go to the park that is adjacent and this year I took some friends and they were duly impressed--one remarked that he thinks we actually have a better view than the rich do!

This story also made me think metaphorically. This disease cuts life short for many just as the fireworks show was cut short but in the article it is clear that those who witnessed it thought it was amazing and brilliant. Not sure where I am going with this but I guess the message is that life is too short not to blow off all your firecrackers.

Patty

Patty, that's a wonderful analogy!!  Thank you for that truly comforting thought.

Julia x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life is too short not to blow off all your firecrackers."

Patty, that's brilliant.   My new favorite quote!

Diane

I posted this thread last year at this time on Guy Fawkes night after a fireworks display went wrong. Guy Fawkes night was last night here in the UK this year and here is another video of a fireworks display that went wrong, again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YNkN-6 … ature=plcp

It seems that one rocket misfired and ended up amongst all of the other fireworks and set them all off at once, again. This happened in Edinburgh this time.

I so remember that.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Wow. They kind of look cool when they all go off at once!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.