Topic: Low Dose Maintenance Chemotherapy With Capecitabine( Xeloda)

Hi, everyone,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739638/

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Low Dose Maintenance Chemotherapy With Capecitabine( Xeloda)

Percy, thank you for posting this. Very interesting.

Percy
Thank you
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

4 (edited by PCL1029 Sun, 11 Nov 2012 16:28:47)

Hi,
Just let all of you know I am on this Xeloda maintenance for the past 10 months(dosing and frequency of administration is not the same as the article); and will continue for at least 2 years totally if by God's grace I am still around. I have a PET done recently and everything is clean.
For those who are more or less in the same situation as mine (ie: had surgery ,done with adjuvant chemotherapy and currently on only follow up every 3 or 6 month,you all know that the chance for the CCA to come back is high.and I believe proactive action is needed in addition to just follow up by the physician.
More exercise, eating well, seek complimentary help are  a few suggestions .

If you consider the above low dose maintenance chemotherapy, obviously you need to discus it with your oncology. I did consult for a 2nd opinion on this, but like many other situations,it did not come to the same agreement His reasoning--most likely the CCA will be back ,so he did not see the point of using the low dose maintenance  therapy to delay the outcome in case it does not work.He prefered to treat the CCA when it comes back.He worried about the long term toxicity vs the possible benefits;and he is rightfully to provide his opinion as such. He was from a famous Midwest hospital specialized to treat the bile duct cancer.I guessed that is the difference between a doctor's objective opinion and a patient's subjective desire for a longer disease free period of survival.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, excellent post and I am elated that you had a clean PET! I smiled at the 2nd ONCs opinion as he doesn't know our Percy! You are such a good example for our members. We all love you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Percy,

Thanks for this. And thank you so much for letting us know about your recent PET scan, everything clean, YESSSS!!!!!!!! Superb news my friend and that just made my night!

And as Lainy says, we all love you loads!

Take it easy Percy and Go Bears!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Count me in on that, Percy.  But then you already know that. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies and encouragement.

I hope someday in the near future ,thru the help of this foundation,we can really find the cure for all of us instead of just talking about it. That is my hope and  my driving force in pursuit of the unthinkable.
God bless.

Percy,
Congrats on the clean scan, this is such good news!
Hugs, Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Percy, congratulations on the clean scan! I'm so happy for you. Wishing you many more clean scans for years to come!