Topic: Search for R0

I tried to search the site for R0, but only got the message that I needed to enter a keyword.

Bruce

Please be advised that any advice or information in my posts is my personal opinion only and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice.  ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider.

Re: Search for R0

Go to the Home page and type it in where it says Google custom search.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanks Pamela.  That works and I got 22 hits.

Bruce

Please be advised that any advice or information in my posts is my personal opinion only and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice.  ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider.

R0 is a rather technical term for clear margins. Most of our members don't use it.

Try searching the following to get more hits:

"clear margins"
"clear margin"
"clean margins"
"clean margin"
"negative margins"
"negative margin"

You can search this site directly from Google by adding this qualifier to your search terms:

site:cholangiocarcinoma.org

Eli, thank you, thank you. I have been wondering what R0 meant but didn't want to appear stupid by asking! Now I know.....many thanks. That was so easy.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy, you are very welcome.

By the way:

R1 = microscopically positive margins

R2 = macroscopically positive margins, or gross positive margins

In both cases, cancer cells are present at the margins.

In R1 case, the cells are not visible to a naked eye. They are discovered during pathology exam after the surgery.

In R2 case, the surgeon can usually see the bad parts but cannot do anything to improve the margins.

N0 = clear lymph nodes

N1 = positive lymph nodes

Wow, got my Medical 101 lesson today. Next I can become an ONC! On the other hand no thanks, I like the role of Grandma better! Pay is meager but the rewards are so over the top.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks Eli for the alternate search terms.  Clean margins was the winner with 134 hits followed by clear margins with 106 hits.

Bruce